Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rofl: :rofl:
I am still looking into the mosin, right now it’s a coin toss betwine a mosin or yugo SKS. Anyone know any good reputable surplus dealers on the web.
:uzi:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'd get the SKS, unless you live in California where the Yugo is a banned SKS.

If you get a bolt action, right now the Enfield No4 MkI can be had for cheap.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
It pretty much boils down to a bolt action versus semi-auto. If it was only one, I would go for the Yugoslavian SKS. I paid $149.95 from AIM for my last one (Damn that C&R License) and it's a beauty. Be prepared to spend a LOT of time removing the cosmoline from any of the Military Surplus rifles except for the Mosin-Nagant's, they have heavy oil, but no cosmoline. Let us know what you get and I'll steer you to some C&R sites.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Depends on the action and ammo availability. If I had it to do over again, I'd choose the Enfield No. 4 MK1. Surplus ammo is iffy and can be expensive but I reload so its not so much of a problem. The SKS is a neat little semi-rifle and ammo is dirt cheap (I have a Yugo SKS). The Nagant is a cool bolt rifle and ammo is relatively cheap but that thing does KICK (mine is the Mod 1938 w/o bayonet).
What do you want the rifle for? Collector, shtf or general shooting/hunting? All three are excellent but it depends on what your plans are.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
For the cost of the Yugo SKS you can buy a M91/30 & about 800rnds of ammo.That's what I'd do.

Also,what are the hunting regulations re.ammo capacity while hunting in your state?I know that you can get a 5rnd mag for a SKS but w/the Mosin it's a non-issue.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The 5 round limit on semi autos for hunting is a federal law. Some states also have local laws that parrot that law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts