Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Really? and what was shtf for the Romans?

this ought ot be good.

Describe the decline and fall of the roman empire and the shtf that took place.

Hoqw was the average citizen of the Roman emprie affected? How did the quality of their life change?

Come on, you brought it up - enlighten us.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hmmm. Pompeii comes to mind, but that would be "VHTF" (Vesuvius Hit The Fan), right?

:D

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I can think of better examples of actual STHF than the fall of the Roman empire.

I'm just dying to hear GK describe it, I really want to hear how the outer territories, like england (yep, it was a part of the roman empire at one time) was affected and just what shtf there other than the normal fighting between the normans, saxons, brittons, gauls, celts, etc.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
BigJon said:
Hmmm. Pompeii comes to mind, but that would be "VHTF" (Vesuvius Hit The Fan), right?

:D
Yeah, but that would be a SHTF for the Roman Empire like Mt St. Helens was SHTF for the United States. It wasn't, it was a local SHTF, not an empire-wide one.

But yeah, SHTF for sure on the Roman Empire. Heck it was even one of those overnight ones too, just like Goonkid likes (heck, only took, what? 600 years for the primary collapse to happen? Remnants held on for hell, over a millenium after that?). LOL

G

·
To describe the fall of the Roman Empire would be like describing the flow of a glacier. No Roman 'experience' any SHTF Mad Max crap. They had raids but they always had raids from barbarian tribes throughout their history.

Stupekid just does not know anything about history, or guns, or survivial, and keeping out of jail. I would take the advice of a monkey over anything stupekid could say.

G

·
Just because the dollar crashes or a governments credit is no good anymore doesnt automatically mean that its necessary to ditch the house and job, get your group together and start roaming around looking for people to shoot. The sheep are conditioned to be slaves they will just bow down to the new master and carry on. Sure there might be a little bit more turbulence, but total mad max collapse is pretty far fetched.

Thats why concealment and inconspicuousness is a VERY important aspect when choosing bug out equiptment.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
223 fan said:
millions of Romans THOUGHT shtf= never TOO, dummy.
Silly Romans. They should have used CAR's with "cans", instead of those useless short-swords. Those swords had no .22LR unit, couldn't be CCW'd, couldn't...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
GBullet said:
Silly Romans. They should have used CAR's with "cans", instead of those useless short-swords. ...
Or perhaps a $5,000 Enfield? :D

What'd you clean that thing with anyway - I could freakin EAT off it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I used a spray degreaser/powder solvent. Afterwards, I used a spray-on wax. I then rubbed it to produce a thin, hard film.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You mentioned the wax before. What exactly is it? Are you using it on the outer surfaces as well as the bore? I have always finished off my bore (when I do clean 'em!) with Kroil and then a dry patch behind it.

Regards,
Jon

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A canned CAR, 22 unit, Scope, etc, would have made ANY decentman EMPEROR, in those days, within a year. :) In fact, a lw Commander probably would have done so.

·
Registered
611 Posts
andy said:
A canned CAR, 22 unit, Scope, etc, would have made ANY decentman EMPEROR, in those days, within a year. :) In fact, a lw Commander probably would have done so.

...that would apply to anyone with a modern firearm, at least until he ran out of ammo.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Balls of brass cannot be broke

Multi-trillion dollar organism with unlimited intelligence and one primary instinct - to succeed. It can't SHTF. Minor SHTF's here and there sure. Catastrophic breakdown of the whole system. Naw. Not unless an big asteroid strike just killed everyone's asses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts