Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and poor hits are more common than good ones. Multiple attackers are commonly encountered, too. So your split times better NOT be much, if ANY slower than the .25 second that any punk with a Jennings .22 can deliver. such a pistol is $50, on the street, ammo for practice is cheap and readily available, and ANY hit he gets on you is pretty likely to maim or kill you. HE does'nt have to stop you, for you to have LOST the fight. You have to stop him instantly, or he's likely to ruin your life. He gets to start first, you have to come from behind. Only an idiot like garnad "thinks" being slow is ok in a fight.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
Please state in detail your combat experience!

IPSC ISN"T REALITY! So where does a timer fit in tactical training? Tactical movement in a hostile area has very little to do with speed. It is very difficult to scan areas of concealment and cover for a hostile, before you enter a potential ambush site, while running like a freaken jack rabbit. If your shot placement is good with the first bullet, there is no need to waste your time worrying about splits. They are redundent.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ever hear of presence of mind in a life threatening situation. I'd rather have someone with me who kept his cool and was a little slow than somebody who was lightning quick, sprayed the landscape and wet himself at the same time. Didn't your MA trainer teach you something called BALANCE where you were versatile in many different moves - not necessarily master - but could function in different situations.

You are definitely unbalanced, Melvin.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
There was a program on the History Channel last fall that mentioned that during the Vietnam police action there were something like 5,000 rnds expended/enemy casualty.They also mentioned the during Gulf War I the rate had increased to approx.220,000 rnds/enemy casualty.
Acompletely different approach to warfare.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hey 41mag, Jeff.

Your darn tag line i like onions & tomatoes on bread w/mayo, salt,& pepper mmmmm! is making me hungry. I yearn for a BLT sandwich w/onions. Gonna have to go shopping.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I should probably add something about a little pile of strawberry shortcake too!
:)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Military combat is not at all like civilian. Fire and manuver is 'the' tactic. Fire superiority is the name of the game. They will lay down a very heavy fire on your position so as to keep you from doing anything while others move to get a clear shot at your position. So there will always be a huge number of misses .vs. hits.

Dumbkid just don't understand war which is logicial as he as never been even near a war.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts