Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one winner of Alone told me that a small hunk of rope that he found, which he wove into a net, and some natural crab traps was enough to feed him adequately for his last month on Vancouver. well, he's lying. I googled for calories in a lb of crab meat (ready to eat) and it's 400 calories per lb. Then I googled for % of edible flesh in a crab and the answer was 25%. you need at least 4000 calories per day, scrambling along the sea shore, in the cold, dampness, mud, slimy boulders, and wind. So he'd have to catch 40 lbs of crabs every day. The boiling of them, the cracking and picking of meat, etc, mean that there's very little return from catching crabs. Rest assured that he was not averaging more than 8 lbs of live weight crabs per day. and probably not 2 lbs. So he'd have to average catching 8 lbs of live weight fish per day, yet his reported fish count for the total time was under 60, so they'd have had to be BIG fish. A few hundred sq ft (at most) netting was all he could have made from that little chunk of rope. With the tide and mud flat problem, he'd never have been able to do that. So he's a liar, plain and simple. Another guy. AFTER having lost his gillnet to a storm, claimed he lost only 12 lbs, when another guy (honest Sam) lost 80 lbs in the same time period) and in the vids/shows, you could SEE that the 12 lb claimant lost at least 40 lbs. :) They all failed miserably and they are all trying to make money teaching "survival"; That's like asking Garand to teach you how to race at indy with a blindfold and one hand behind you. They just dont effing know HOW

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Is this a different guy than the one you mentioned trapping crabs a while back?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts