Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
more questions

Look, Rich Z, I'm really sorry, but I can think of anywhrere else to put this thread.
Everybodys seen the movies where the hero slides the knife in to the little crack between teh door and the wall, whecking for alarms. Can and do you really do this? Will it set of the alarms? Is it for mechanical of electrical alarms, or both?
If you detect an alarm, what do you do? Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
What Are You Writing?

:D Change the scene! Not a good technique for alarms; but it would work, though, for booby-traps.

' Agent 47 siddled up to the door, looked right, looked left, and then quietly slipped his knife around the edges looking for a trip-wire.'

How's that! :laugh:

Regards, 'AA'

PS: I, always, wanted to be a paperback writer! Think I've got a chance?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dunno, I mean, you could write a book, but it has to fit in with the publishers prefrences and their calender, and you have to have the motivation to do all the research, becasue no ones going to do it for you. But you never know!

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Yeah, I like to write, but I like to write a LITTLE bit. I don't know if I would have the stamina to write a novel. And heck, I know a good writer when I read what he/she has written, but that doesn't mean I think I could duplicate that feat.

Some writers paint pictures with their words. I actually see the images when I am reading. Matter of fact, there are a lot of books I have read that I am not sure if I have only read the book or if I have seen a movie like it.

Oh well. Good luck with your book! Maybe you could post a chapter or a few paragraphs about gun issues and have us critique it for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
“We got the basic design off the British a couple of years ago when we traded our thermonuclear technology for a certain chemical, and this came in as a bonus; but I don’t think that they designed it. I think they stole it off someone else before that, but anyway, we modified the design for a few years, and in the end we had something totally different. Muzzle velocity of three hundred and sixty-six metres a second, with optional visual and IR laser. Aluminium frame, so it only weighs in seven hundred and fifty grams. Double stack clip, with fifteen total rounds per clip. Try not to fire full auto, if possible, because the recoil is a fast pulse and jerks the gun up.” ?????

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Ouch! The metric conversion side of my brain sucks! What's the meters per second in feet per second? I thought a meter is roughly around 3 feet, so if that is true, it's about right for a 9mm bullet.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I wrote a 388 page gun and ammo

info book in 2 weeks, and most of that was because of my poor typing skills. If I could have "talked" it onto a cassette, or better yet, had a typist putting it on screne, I could easily have done it in a week. :) pages are 8.5"x5.5". Frugal Squirrel sold it, until he sold out, and John is a dickhead, so I didn't sell him any more of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts