Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What commercially produced, American gun used the heat of compressed air to ignite a caseless cartridge?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Think it was made by Daisey but don't remember the designation.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
It was the .22VL made by Daisy. You had to cock a lever to compress the air, then load one "caseless" round into the chamber. It was not a sucess. But it was interesting.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
In the "Daisy" vein...

Don't recall the model number, but Daisy made one gun that had two unique aspects, that (afaik) no other Daisy gun has had. (Daisy's factory is just 2-3 hours from where I live.)

First feature was a telescoping stock; or rather a telescoping butt plate in the stock. Had a large coin-slot medallion in the stock; turning the medallion extended & retracted the stock.

What was the other unique thing (for Daisy) about this gun?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An employee of Ciener modified a S&W M76 to shoot empty 9mm shells. It fired a 9mm filled with a propellant, but no bullet. The fired shell was pushed forward by the fresh round (shell/propellant). When the fresh round was fired, the empty ahead of it in the chamber was shot out of the barrel.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
John in AR said:
In the "Daisy" vein...

Don't recall the model number, but Daisy made one gun that had two unique aspects, that (afaik) no other Daisy gun has had. (Daisy's factory is just 2-3 hours from where I live.)

First feature was a telescoping stock; or rather a telescoping butt plate in the stock. Had a large coin-slot medallion in the stock; turning the medallion extended & retracted the stock.

What was the other unique thing (for Daisy) about this gun?

Wish I could recall the model number, but this one was a bolt-action .22LR. Another Daisy failed venture...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts