Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at using the english language, They B aware how to spell hole wurdz like "are" and "you".

Most cunvikted fellon dink spellin like dis B o k, cuz dey R unedumacated in how U shud cummunikate in da reel wurld.

Wurd 2 D homees.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
We wouldn't want him to strain any little brain cells over spelling and grammar would we? He wants to act like a gutter thug so let him spell/write like one.

(Love your post :) )

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
what they do is waste a lot of time, $ trying to make

the pistol do the carbine's job, so they never get very good at what really matters with a pistol.

·
Registered
549 Posts
andy:

Why don't you post a few drills that I can do on the range that fall into the realm of what really matters. At CQB distances I do draws from every position imaginable including concealment. I do one shot drills, pairs, failure drills, drills while moving laterally, drills while going to kneeling, drills backing up, transition drills, malfunction drills, multiple target drills, shooting on the move, and so on. I know none of that matters in the real world so please enlighten me.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Again, that says it all!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well you could try the "Kregener drill" (from PN):

Can you put 5 rounds on 5 separate targets, separated by 5 yards at 10 yards while standing on your head, stacking BBs and being caned by a one-toothed Brazilian woman?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
at arm's length, ccw, react, draw, hit chest, .80 second

facing the target, or at 90 degrees, or 180 degrees "out". Lay on back, ccwdraw and hit target 2m, 1.3 seconds towards your feet, above your head, to either side. Lie on stomach, same thing, 1.5 seconds. Do same thing sitting flat on the ground, front, rear sides. Ditto kneeling, keep the times under 1.25 seconds.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
facing the target, or at 90 degrees, or 180 degrees "out". Lay on back, ccwdraw and hit target 2m, 1.3 seconds towards your feet, above your head, to either side. Lie on stomach, same thing, 1.5 seconds. Do same thing sitting flat on the ground, front, rear sides. Ditto kneeling, keep the times under 1.25 seconds.
And just what does this drill have to do with reality except prove that you're a contortionist. If it was one based in combat reality, would think that it would be standard for law enforcement agents.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Actually, I think it's a pretty good idea. Its not that uncommon for people to get blindsided or sucker punched during an assault, or even to slip on something. If you're still conscious, being able to draw and hit what you'd like to would be a very good thing. If nothing else, doing it will show you if your carry system needs tweaking.

The fact that it isn't standard for law enforcement...well, training for law enforcement ranges from being pretty good to very, very bad. Even when such training is offered on a volunteer basis, most cops don't take advantage of it.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"Why don't you post a few drills that I can do on the range that fall into the realm of what really matters. At CQB distances I do draws from every position imaginable including concealment. I do one shot drills, pairs, failure drills, drills while moving laterally, drills while going to kneeling, drills backing up, transition drills, malfunction drills, multiple target drills, shooting on the move, and so on. I know none of that matters in the real world so please enlighten me."

Exactly. I am willing to practoce any drill that passes my critical test. Will it work in the real world with the targets shooting back?

·
Registered
549 Posts
andy:

Can you do those drills reliably in the time you mention? By 180 degrees out do you mean back to targets turning draw?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts