Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's cut to the chase here, John. How tall was Jim Cirillo? What was his opinion of .38 Revolvers, .30 Calibre M1 Carbines, 12 Gauge Shotguns and using cover and concealment? We all know he was cold in his instructions, but did he belittle the students? Put up or SHUT UP! Enough drivel, either answer or stop droppimg names.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Why don't someone just give Mr. Cirillo a call and ask him if he knows or remembers John Davis? John's posted the number a few times.

Give Cooper a call too. This should all be a simple matter to clear up, one way or the other.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never had the honor of meeting Col. Jeff Cooper, but I had the honor of training under under Mr. Cirillo, in 1983. Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, GA. I would like to hear Davis' response to my questions. I'll bet he will NOT respond.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Jim's a fairly short guy, 5' 6" or so. He was pretty heavy-set, He favors a Dick Special snub in his front pants pocket. He's on record as saying that if he had to pull stakeout duty again, with a mere handgun, he'd want a .44 mag with his "felon grabber" jhp bullets,loaded to VERY high velocity. Nobody worth a crap belittles students who show PROPER respect for their teachers. If you'd talked to Jim the way you talk to ME, you pos, he'd have slapped you silly, just like I would. Jim's on record as saying that a Special winchester 100 gr hp in the 30 carbine did as well as anything he'd seen used in the Stakeouts, but I've never heard how MANY shootings that was based upon, either. If it was only 3-4 shootings, it means little or nothing.

You can't READ, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>. I 've NEVER posted Jim's number. I've posted HACK's number. I've never had Jim's number,nor asked anyone for it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Ok, you posted Hackworth's, BFD, you can now see how much I keep track of these assinine name dropping pissing matches anyway.

Constant name dropping trying to bolster one's self-image, doesn't impress me much one way or the other. Clearing this up, however, would simply clean up some of the signal to noise ratio around here.

·
Registered
611 Posts
andy said:
Not Hackworth, he's a hack job.
Colonel David H. Hackworth (U.S. Army, Ret.)? Youngest full Col. in Vietnam, with 110 medals, and a 25 year career, yeah, he sounds like a "hack job." :rolleyes:

I think someone's envious.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
I really don't care what you or anybody else thinks.
Yes you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't get so angry when some of these people tell you in such curt terms what they think of your posts.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim Cirillo

John, you have never laid eye's on Jim Cirillo. I threw some things in to catch you in lies, which was very, very easy. Jim Cirillo stands about 6'1, not 5'6. He is one of the most jovial instructors I've ever met. Nothing arrogant about him at all. He's alway's got a joke to tell: mostly about his experiences. I have met him, and trained under him. Training for Trainers, FIrearms Section, Glynco, Ga. March, 1985. I have the document's to prove it. Mr. Cirillo would never "slap" anybody who was training under him. U R a complete liar. This just proves it again. You wouldn't slap anyone, either. At least not if they were ten or over. Younger children might have a problem, right John? THe carbine thing was something he wrote in the '70's, not current at all. Stop the convict lies.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
IIRC, it was just a couple years ago I saw an article by Cirillo in some gun mag where he espoused a pair of Glock 30 mini-.45acps.

Don't recall what ammo he preferred.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I'm 6', sucker, and Jim's shorter than me. You are nothing but a <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>ing liar. He's ITALIAN, it's VERY rare for Italians to be tall, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
dude

i think you ment to say 6'(six foot) not 6"(1/2 of a foot) :headbang:

thanks.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Brass Hammer, I think he actually meant that he is 6 inches tall. Andy is 223 fan's sock puppet. Its 223 fan who is 6 ft tall.

Easy mistake to make. :D

RIKA JJ (just joking) :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
I certainly hope that's what he ment. :laugh01:

I've known some Italians that were tall. A few were fellow 95Bs that were well over 6'. One was named Ferrari, and was around 6'8" tall, his nickname was Lurch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah he seemed to like big bore Glocks the last few times I saw him featured in magazine layouts. He seems to like DA triggers as .45 and 10mm Smith autos were usually in his pictured mitts a few years back.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
andy said:
I'm 6', sucker, and Jim's shorter than me. You are nothing but a <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>ing liar. He's ITALIAN, it's VERY rare for Italians to be tall, <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>.
WHEN did you meet him to become on a first name basis with him? Never any dates. Mr. Cirillo would not associate with a convicted felon, State and Federal, now would he?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
now LOOK, I TOLD you only an IDIOT thinks someone who's been in jail was ALWAYS in jail. I met Jim at the Columbia Conference, 1976, when we set up the IPSC. Also where I met Hack the first time, Rick Miller, Mike Dalton, many others, like Milt Sparks, Arganbright, Ray Chapman, Mike Harries, Bruce Nelson.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts