Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of those people that stayed in New Orleans, those that fared the best were those that 'forted up'. The typical trash that looted and pillaged didn't seem able to pick them off with sniping, no matter how well armed.

As usual, the typical looter trash avoided anyone that might actually resist with force. The 'sheeple', instead of turning rabid and joining the looters all waited for either government help or death, whichever came first.

And no, people did NOT run towards the sound of gunfire. If anything, loud gunfire kept the looter trash away.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
So true. Not only that but those folks armed with noisy 308s didn't seem inclined to stand around out in the open for hours. I did however hear a report of a looter hauling beer and tennies off in a wheelbarrow.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it how those security guards sealed off the office building they worked in and used it as a high rise fortress.

A situation like that is where you keep your CAR-15 near and you have your scoped .308 bolt action in a nice, high, firing position.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
not to mention that people did manage to meet up and work together to defend their property.

In one case, a man traveled from another state to meet up with his friend to help protect his home.

I thought no one would show up if you had a group....

Also those with vehicles were able to bug out quickly and safely. Those on foot fared extremely poorly and ended up in the worst shape.

People who rode out the storm, but bugged at at the first reports of the levee failures in their vehicles did fine.

:devil:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I didn't here of a leader riding in on a zodiac to take charge ALA Mabu Khan and lead them to the promised land

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Did they find any assault wheelbarrows floating by?

Or could any SHTF expert find his stashed ammo under water?

Could anyone hid their disassembled CAR under their shorts while wading in the muddy water waist deep?

I also heard the people protectecting the rich areas, Blackwater recruited a bunch of them for that, had NVD scopes. I thought gunkid said that kind of thing would not happen.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I was amused beyond words when I heard that not only had the gun stores been robbed but gee, so had the local ATF office. They are missing some MP-5's and other guns. Freaking morons.

Mike

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
people banded together for common defense

I'm pretty sure a guru somewhere claimed it would be impossible for something like this to happen.....

Story here

After Katrina, stories of gun battles

Sep 21, 2005 — By Andy Sullivan

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - After the storm came the carjackers and burglars. Then came the gun battles and the chemical explosions that shook the restored Victorians in New Orleans' Algiers Point neighborhood.

"The hurricane was a breeze compared with the crime and terror that followed," said Gregg Harris, a psychotherapist who lives in the battered area.

As life returned to this close-knit neighborhood three weeks after Hurricane Katrina, residents said they hoped their experience could convince political leaders to get serious about the violence and poor services that have long been an unfortunate hallmark of their city.

"I think now it's a wake-up call," Harris said.

After the storm, the neighborhood association had to act as law enforcement and emergency response unit as city services collapsed and the police force was unable to protect them.

Citizens organized armed patrols and checked on the elderly. They slept on their porches with loaded shotguns and bolted awake when intruders stumbled on the aluminum cans they had scattered on the sidewalk.

Gunshots rang out for days, sometimes terrifyingly close.

For Harris, the first warning sign came on Tuesday, the day after the storm, when two young men hit his partner, Vinnie Pervel, over the head and drove off with his Ford van.

"A police car drove up behind me and saw it happening but he didn't do anything," said Pervel, who heads the 1,500-household neighborhood association.

Then residents heard that police vehicles were being carjacked and looters were taking guns and ammunition from nearby stores.

"We thought, 'Perhaps this is going to get really ugly,"' said Gareth Stubbs, a marine surveyor who lives across Pelican Street from Harris and Pervel.

A Texas woman who runs a Web site called Polimom.com served as a link between those who stayed and those who had left. With her help, they stockpiled an arsenal of shotguns, derringer pistols and an old AK-47.

:devil:

Reactions: BigEd

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I'M NOT 'BUYING--IN' on the aftermath media 'spin',,,,,sorry ,RUSH!,you ol' boy,YOU! :nyah:

HEY! the 'shit' got nasty,,,and,,,goverment is trying to hammer a PLUG IN IT'S 'BUNG-HOLE' to stop the leakage![so to SPEAK!,,,FREELY.]

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Could you imagine Melvin's first day on a 2 way range if and when he was caught looting?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Could you imagine Melvin's first day on a 2 way range if and when he was caught looting?
I recall an improvised after hurricane warning sign tacked up. Made of plywood and spray paint it simply stated-"We shoot looters".

So I can only imagine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts