Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about giving the birds a better chance next year. Has anyone tried loading a shot charge in a muzzleloader? I've got a traditional style .50 cal and am thinking about loading a shot charge for birds. I'll try it on the skeet range first (might improve my score, will at least confuse most people), but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips. I'm guessing that a .50 will come close to payload size from a 20 ga. and the single shot isn't much of a handicap.

Any ideas?

And no, this isn't for shtf, I won't put a can on it, I use it during legal seasons. Looking for reasonable responses, not fantasy land drivel.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
With a rifled barrel it will cause problems as the pattern will resemble a doughnut. You really need a smoothbore for it to be effective.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
hell, man, use a slingshot with rocks. Mabu says it's SO EASY to feed yourself that way, surely you are as good a liar (I mean, hunter-marksman) as he is, right? I mean YOU are just looking for "sport". HE can provide 2 lbs of flesh food a DAY, EVERY day, with JUST his slingshot and rocks he picks up as he goes along. Wow, what a liar (I mean, what a man he is).

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
speaking oif manliness andy whats it like to have another man shove his cock up your ass?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's nice tard...here's your sign.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Prison jargon aside, I've heard enough of it, the rifled barrel will scatter your shot badly. Much better off with a smooth bore musket or "fowling piece". Many different models available.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Hasher / Terry. I would have figured it out, eventually, but this saves me the time. This is why I ask dumb questions, to save time and frustration, glad to have intellegent answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts