Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

my 90k of student loans was wiped out due to VA disability

959 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Terry G 
#1 ·
and my FICO score went up enough to let me borrow 10k Bought gold with it and the monthly payment is so low that I'll still be able to buy 3 ozs more every 2 months. So, pretty good news. If and when primers ever become available again, they will be a better hedge than gold, up to 100k of them, even at 6c each.

#2 ·
Melvin are you EVER going to learn that other people have the same access to information as you do? I receive a SERVICE CONNECTED disability and know that Student Loans are NOT forgiven due to disability. Your lying again just for the sake of lying. Buying gold? Your lucky your so called disability buy's you food and shelter. Who would lend you $10,000 with your financial status? No one. Why do you even bother to tell these lies that no one believes?

#3 ·
Dunno where you got the idea that I have health problems or a bad back.
One of my legs has grown shorter than the other, due to spinal degeneration
At least today you’re willing to (again) admit that you are disabled. That’s good, John. Acknowledging reality is an important first step in the path to adulthood.

#4 ·
Something just occurred to me. Melvin is getting, so he say's, SSDI correct? You cannot receive both SSDI and VA compensation. No way. I tried to help my Brother apply for SSDI and Veteran's Disability and was told one or the other. You can apply for both but the amount of VA disability will be deducted from the SSDI amount so it's not possible to double dip. It's just possible that Melvin is deviating from the truth again.

• Sad
Reactions: Garand
#5 ·
Terry - I have no personal experience with it, but afaik, you can have your govt student loans (not private ones) forgiven if the VA gives you a determination of a permanent, 100%, service-related disability. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember seeing it. That said, his (multiple) disabilities definitely weren't service-related.

#6 ·
Your correct. I was speaking to the normal applications for VA and SSDI. 100% Service Connected is a completely different category.

#7 ·
All that said, maybe he now wants to claim that his disabilities ARE service-related, which could(?) make this a true claim of his. Of course, admitting that would mean admitting to being 100% disabled for nearly 50 years now; which kills ALL of his uber-warrior claims.

That's the problem with telling lies publicly, repeatedly, and in writing. It's also a great reason to stick to the truth. I realized a long time ago that if I told the truth, I only had one story to remember. That's much easier when you're as simple as I am. 😎

#8 ·
First of all you do not want to qualify for 100% Service Connected Disability. You really don't. In Melvin's case, Service Connected? Dog bite? Slipped and hit his head? (Possible) It's just another fantasy of his to show how get's all this free money from the Government.

#10 ·
To put your words in chronological order:

2004:
Dunno where you got the idea that I have health problems or a bad back.
2016:
One of my legs has grown shorter than the other, due to spinal degeneration...

...it has happened slowly enough that altho I stagger a bit as I walk...
2021:
if I'm shaking your hand, and you'r not a black belt I can kill you in less than one second and nothing can save you
2022:
In 2004, you claim you have no idea why anyone would think you have 'health problems'. Okay, you were only in your 50's then so entirely plausible.
In 2016, you flatly state (without anyone even asking you) that you have long-term spinal degeneration (ie, 'it happened so slowly'), to the point where one leg has shortened and you stagger when you walk.
In 2021, you claim that you can kill anyone who's not a black belt in less than a single second, and there's nothing they can do to stop you
In 2022, you're back to admitting not only being disabled, and not only 'on disability', but on FULL disability.

And these aren't just your words, they're your words in the order you spoke them. Are you starting to see why nobody believes your claims?

#12 ·
Melvin, has overestimated his possible life expectancy in a WROL scenario for years. Fantasy doesn't trump reality.

#15 ·
Geez Melvin Happy Birthday! You still have 3 years on me though, I turned 67 two days ago.

#17 ·
I wonder how much gold he has now, and how is the flophouse and buying off a retiring Senator to get his gun rights back working out?

• Haha
Reactions: BigEd and Garand
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.