Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Yeah I used to have a 1006 and wish I never traded it off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a M39 & M59 when they first came out. The M59 started to have internal parts crack after I put 2,000 rds of military ball through it. Plus I never found it as ergonomic for me, I shot better with a Browning 9mm or 1911 with a flat mainspring housing.

Registered
Oh this one popped up on my YouTube feed.

And in one of Melvin's favorite cartridges.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if Melvin swears by it, it must mean that he competed in IPSC matches after 1994 when it first came on the market!

Registered
Well if Melvin swears by it, it must mean that he competed in IPSC matches after 1994 when it first came on the market!
no, stupid. I've explained this many times. Only a moron like you would not have understood 20 years ago. Ther's no point in such a cartridge for competition. the point is in making a pocket 9mm as effective as a 4" 357, while having no more recoil than a Makarov. The longer case and the huge hollowbase cavity of the Split Nose pre segmented bullet allowed me to get a 45 gr bullet to 2200 fps. But they quit making 356 brass and you need a special set of dies. Now that Starline makes the 9x21mm case, it makes far more sense than the 356. Once again, you are proven to be an ignoramus with no understanding whatsoever of much of anything.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So then you admit that all your "expert" knowledge came from a gun magazine? It sure sounds that way.

Registered
...Now that Starline makes the 9x21mm case, it makes far more sense than the 356...
But why does the 9x21 make more sense than a 9x19+P? They fit in the same guns, with the same magazine capacity and even firing the same bullets; but if we're running both of them at max loadings, the 9x19 has the advantage of being more powerful as well. In what way does the 9x21 best the 9x19?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If Melvin is worried about knockdown power, why not go with something more sensible like the 10mm. It has a large selection in choices for ammunition, pistols built from reliable manufacturers, easy to find components for reloading and is the caliber recommended for bush use in places like Alaska, where the predator's can be rather large?

Reactions: John in AR

Registered
If Melvin is worried about knockdown power, why not go with something more sensible like the 10mm.
Because he fixates on a pocket-carry-only gun. But even pocket-carried, the 9mm+p still overpowers the 9x21 if both are loaded to their top end. I've run 10 or 12 variations through QuickLoad, and it's the case every time. Always.

The 9x21 does have a 2mm longer case, which sounds good. But it's very limited in two ways. First, it has the same cartridge OAL as the 9x19, so the total cartridge capacity is the same, even if loaded with hollow-base bullets. And most importantly, the 9x21 not only has a lower maximum pressure than 9x19 plus-p, it has a lower maximum pressure than even NON-plus-p 9x19.

The ONLY time a 9x21 makes sense is if it's impossible (illegal) to use 9x19. That's the whole reason it was invented. Other than those circumstances - and especially for someone in the US who can find 9x19 in stock everywhere - it's just plain stupid to choose a 9x21 over a 9x19. Always. Every time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ONLY time a 9x21 makes sense is if it's impossible (illegal) to use 9x19. That's the whole reason it was invented. Other than those circumstances - and especially for someone in the US who can find 9x19 in stock everywhere - it's just plain stupid to choose a 9x21 over a 9x19. Always. Every time.

If legality is the case, like in Italy & Mexico for example, I personally would go with something like .38 Super, but then again you can't shove them in your pants pocket.

Registered
Fwiw, I looked into Mexico gun ownership laws a little last year, and as I understand it the biggest caliber a private citizen can own is 380acp. I could be wrong, but it's what I found specifically listed more than once.

{edit for clarification - should have said 380 being the biggest handgun caliber; no idea about rifles.}

Registered
no, stupid. I've explained this many times. Only a moron like you would not have understood 20 years ago. Ther's no point in such a cartridge for competition. the point is in making a pocket 9mm as effective as a 4" 357, while having no more recoil than a Makarov. The longer case and the huge hollowbase cavity of the Split Nose pre segmented bullet allowed me to get a 45 gr bullet to 2200 fps. But they quit making 356 brass and you need a special set of dies. Now that Starline makes the 9x21mm case, it makes far more sense than the 356. Once again, you are proven to be an ignoramus with no understanding whatsoever of much of anything.

But why does the 9x21 make more sense than a 9x19+P? They fit in the same guns, with the same magazine capacity and even firing the same bullets; but if we're running both of them at max loadings, the 9x19 has the advantage of being more powerful as well. In what way does the 9x21 best the 9x19?
And here, boys and girls, we have another example of "gunkid posts insults and factually incorrect crap, someone politely ignores the insults and civilly asks for a clarification on the factually-incorrect crap, and gunkid runs away from the conversation like a scared puppy".

In his defense, he does holler back over his shoulder about how smart and tough he is while he's running away. So there's that....

• Haha
1 - 14 of 14 Posts