Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I guess hat is a good sign that my application has been received and should go through. My C&R expires on or about July 1st. Normally I receive a C&R renewal application form from ATF a few months in advance. This year it was already late April when I realized that no renewal application had arrived. I figured no problem, so long as it arrived by mid-May. When mid-May rolled around and no renewal form reached my mail box I decided to get in touch with BATFE (I also tried to find the form on their website but that is one difficult site to navigate).

Here is what they told me via an email on May 24th:

"Our records indicate that your renewal application was issued and mailed on April 2nd."

They also gave me a point of contact to call to get a duplicate sent to me. So, I called and I was told it would be sent out. A couple to a few weeks went by and still no renewal application. I sent an email again to the first guy I had contacted and was emailed back by the second guy with whom I had been in touch. He said he sent out yet another one. It arrived a few days later. I finally got it mailed out about a week or so ago. I saw yesterday that my credit card has already been charged the renewal fee. Hopefully that is a good sign because my application looked pretty ratty. What happened was the guy who sent me the renewal filled out some of it himself in an almost illegible style. I had to write in my name over what he wrote to make it legible. That looked pretty bad and I was concerned they may kick back the application. They may still do it but I am hopeful they will not and that they will just accept it since they charged my card.

I cannot figure why I did not receive not only 1 but 2 renewal applications they sent to me. At first I thought either an ATF or post office foul-up but two times in a row. I don't get it. maybe my mailman is not as reliable as I had once thought. had one like that years ago, that is less than reliable at delivering mail on his route. in that case it was because he spent most of his workday inside a local gin mill; I know because I was off on some weekdays at the time and often saw him there in the afternoons. Nice fella but had a drinking problem that just had him not caring at all if the mail ever got delivered. Hopefully I do not have a duplicate type of mailman now. Not at all meaning to imply that I do, just wondering.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The ATF has no rhyme or reason. I've had a Form 4 pending since February (check cashed January), and have received an approved Form 1 and a Form 4 which were sent out in March. Sometimes they can be slammed and one somehow gets service instantly, other times they just lose the forms and the drama ensues. They've never lost my money though...

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't really expect the government to lose yur money would you, unless of course, it was the IRS saying you never paid your tax returns. I am just hopeful that since they charged me it will go through. I don't recall ahving any problems before, but this is only my second or third renewal.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It arrived this past Wednesday or Thursday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts