Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deadly danger of mandatory gun lock laws is illustrated by an incident in Merced, Calif., in August 2000. There, a pitchfork-wielding man cut the phone lines to a home, then broke in and began attacking four children while their parents were not home.

The oldest child, 14-year-old Jessica Carpenter, was unable to retrieve her father's guns from a locked cabinet. She ran to a neighbor's home, and the neighbor called 911. By the time the police arrived, Jessica's 7-year-old brother and 9-year-old sister had been murdered. Jessica's father's guns were locked up in accordance with the California gun storage law.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It would be interesting if there was legal action against the state because of that law, and the deaths it caused.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
fffg100grns said:
The deadly danger of mandatory gun lock laws is illustrated by an incident in Merced, Calif., in August 2000. There, a pitchfork-wielding man cut the phone lines to a home, then broke in and began attacking four children while their parents were not home.

The oldest child, 14-year-old Jessica Carpenter, was unable to retrieve her father's guns from a locked cabinet. She ran to a neighbor's home, and the neighbor called 911. By the time the police arrived, Jessica's 7-year-old brother and 9-year-old sister had been murdered. Jessica's father's guns were locked up in accordance with the California gun storage law.
I'd like to have 5 minutes with one of these sick murdering maniacs and introduce them to Mr. Baseball bat. :hot:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Gunners762 said:
I'd like to have 5 minutes with one of these sick murdering maniacs and introduce them to Mr. Baseball bat. :hot:
You and me both.

RIKA

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Gunners762 said:
Do you mean the guy or the kalifornian law makers?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Man, it's all about CONTROL. The government can't have exclusive control over coercive force as long as the population is armed. Firearms give you the ability to just say NO when they want to herd you around like cattle...

Take away private firearms, allow such attrocities to take place, and people will be clamoring for MORE power for the state to try to prevent such things from happening. Obviously people can't protect themselves any longer, so that would be the natural result. Which is exactly what they want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I once had some anti gun nut email me and their claims involved the thought that with semis, shotguns, and pistols you cannot resist a government that has mgs, bombs, and nukes.

I replied that this is exactly why I belive everyone should be allowed to own mgs, bombs, and nukes.

I probably looked like a kook but following that, they relented.

·
Registered
54 Posts
fffg100grns

this is a very good example of why guns should be available to the family to use immediately in a time of emergency! during an emergency those 2-200+ seconds unlocking a gun can mean the difference between life and death.

thankyou for sharing, what i understand due to the title, to be your daughters story. my heart goes out for the real victims, those that were victim of laws that prevented them from defending themselves, and the family that is left behind. May they find peace with God.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts