Arms Locker banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, or just go to Centerfire Systems and order a W. German e-tool with the heavy steel blade and pick on the back for $20. . .

That's the one thing I hate about the tri-folds, is that they are not really conducive to being used to beat someone's brains out like the old straight-handle ones are.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yeah, or just go to Centerfire Systems and order a W. German e-tool with the heavy steel blade and pick on the back for $20. . .
I've never had a use for the pick.
When ever I've used a full sized one it was for tasks I wouldn't even consider an E-Tool for.
What do you guy use em for?

That's the one thing I hate about the tri-folds, is that they are not really conducive to being used to beat someone's brains out like the old straight-handle ones are.
No doubt.

I like the spade handles on most medium size shovels, but they never really appealed to me on E-Tools either.

The hinges always seem to fail at bad times too.

While entertaining, I'm not that into the idea of resorting to my E-Tool for defensive purposes anyway.
I try to buy ammo by the case and I really, really hope I die in a manner that doesn't include lack of shooting back.
:laugh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've never had a use for the pick.
When ever I've used a full sized one it was for tasks I wouldn't even consider an E-Tool for.
What do you guy use em for?
Mundane purposes these days, really.

Mostly if I want to pry out a big rock I find under the garden of some such.
I'm usually already on my hands and knees, so I use an e-tool for gardening, rathe3r than a full size shovel and pick.

In the military they were added to the US e-tool after WWII, so that rocky ground could be broken up while entrenching, and they wouldn't have toi issue separate pick mattocks like previously.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We should go halfsies on one and torture test the bitch.

Maybe send it to the Box of Truth.

After we mic it out and get the specs to build our own.
:D

1 KG shipping weight, huh?
I wonder what just the shovel weighs?

We could always try to bill it to Lash and tell him his R&D department is at work :eek2:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've had one of these as long as I've been alive. It was my uncles before my birth, then sat in our garage until I wanted it, and now it has been in my truck or pack for the last 15 years. I didn't know it was Chicom though. Oh well. It's tough.

·
Registered
183 Posts
So is that JMD's aka "andy's" idea born out or not?

It would be kinda cool if he did something to put himself on his feet instead of us supporting him through his stints in the big house.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
interesting. Would like to see one in person. Without looking at the shovel blade, etc, it's risky to buy something like this...

It would be nice for Andy to get one of his legitimate ideas to work out. I'd rather he made in his own legally, than live off our tax dollars. Plus it would help his self-esteem to be able to point to a "winner" of an idea.

·
Registered
675 Posts
and it doesn't even have a bottle opener...I'm disappointed in Andy.. LMAO...

It would be great if he did get one of his ideas to turn into something useful..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep, I'm just curious about this and whatever happened to him.

Despite the arguments of the past and his past actions I hope he straigtens up and does something productive for himself.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yep, I'm just curious about this and whatever happened to him.

Despite the arguments of the past and his past actions I hope he straightens up and does something productive for himself.
Yeah, I haven't seen him around lately and he didn't respond to my emails.

I coded myself a custom search engine application I use to find stuff and occasionally for ****s and giggles I run a set of his favorite key words and "forums" and he pops up now and then. Nothing lately.

I suspect he may have dropped off grid for a while to stash money for some project or maybe he fell again, who knows?

He'll turn up eventually.

As far as the subject matter of his posts, I find much of it interesting, but you can pretty much distill it down to the original "newsletter" he wrote up back in the early 90's.
I have some scans of it somewhere.
His posts have pretty much been repetition for the past 15 years or so since I first talked to him.

What his motivations for posting are, and why they all seem to end in conflict and are regarded as vitriolic rhetoric?

Let's just say the criminal/convict psyche is a unique and interesting thing.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Don't forget the Crovel [echo] EXTREME [/echo] LOL

In all these tacti-cool colors:

It would embarrass me to post these videos about my product.
He says silly **** like (paraphrasing) "we added a bunch of tools together to make it more reliable"
WTF does that even mean?
Then after spending 5 minutes telling us about the how great 10 ga steel is, he states later on it's 12ga.
Then he goes on with a bunch of inarticulate tacticool speak.
Usually I hate it when a video is grainy and has been shot without enough light.
These are so bright I can hardly see them.
I love that he goes on and on about how razor sharp the spade and its saw teeth are and then says "I use it for a seat!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gj3W9MV22I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It's pretty bad when the Chinese videos are better thought out and executed than these "tests."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5nGfIR5eo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WlXJfkQZU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Saw teeth seem to suck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fvRkCGRR0A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

This one kills me:

Z-Spike Accessory For Crovel Exteme ONLY. Screw on plug rests at the end of Crovel Extreme handle. Made of Solid Steel. MADE IN THE USA. Use as Ice Pick, Hole Punch or on Zombies.
And this too:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts