Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes folks it is just about that time of the year once again. If you forgot what this is all about, or in case you have never heard of it, go to this link: National Ammo Day to get all the info you need about national Ammo Day/Week. I think it is a great idea and I plan grab :grabbit:, and pay for, some ammo (more than the requested 100 rounds for sure), and maybe even a gun on that day. I encourage everyone, who can do so legally, to buy 100 or more rounds of ammunition on November 19th (ammo day) or between November 13th and the 20th (ammo week). What a wonderful way to show the pols how much of a force we can be! Also think of the fun you can have when you go out to :twoguns: shoot up what you have purchased. Even if you cannot buy ammunition legally, the site lists ways in which you can help. As a mater of fact the whole left side of this site consists of a column of links to questions you may have about National Ammo Day.

Just in case the link does not work, here is the address: [COLOR=Red]www.ammoday.com[/COLOR]. :madeuce:

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know now that I think of it choosing ammo is sort of like choosing between these:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the idea, let's make a statement on that day, or at least during that week.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I need primers and bullets, does that count?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is something on the site about what handloaders can do in a link on the left of the site's homepage.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
How can handloaders participate?

I handload my ammo. How can I participate in National Ammo Day/Week?

All handloaders still have to buy .22LR and .22WMR, regardless. If during National Ammo Day/Week you are at the gun store buying your rimfire ammo, and you decide to pick up a thousand 180 gr. Nosler Partitions and a can of powder, that is your prerogative :).

A common question we get asked is from hand loaders (with the qualification that they don't "buy ammo") is, "Do we count"?

Of course you do! You just buy your ammo in pieces and assemble it yourself.

We're not picky about how you buy your ammo. If you hand load, buy supplies and such on Ammo Day. If you ALSO buy some cheapie .22 to have around, that would be the day to stock up on it.

The purpose of Ammo Day is three-fold:

A reminder to check your ammo supplies annually (if not monthly!).
Support your local ammo (or ammo supply) providers who fight the good fight against the anti-gunners, regulators, and bureaucrats who attempt to make conducting their legal business so difficult (if not ban it outright).
Remind our legislators that, "an armed society is a polite society" and any attempts to disarm us, excessively tax our ammo, etc., will be futile. We should all have enough "on-hand" to ride out any intrusive taxation or regulations, making these efforts moot.

We recommend that everyone buy "100 rounds," but if your ammo comes in component parts: bags of brass, pounds of powder, etc., that works, too.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'll be happy to buy some ammo.

RIKA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts