Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"This is Right from the NRA website, all credit to them for the story" "U.S. Senator George Allen (R-Va.) recently introduced S. 3275--the Senate version of H.R. 4547, a national Right-to-Carry (RTC) reciprocity bill that would provide national reciprocity for state carry licensees. This legislation would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if they meet certain criteria. The bill would not create a federal licensing system; it would simply require the states to recognize each other’s carry permits, just as they recognize drivers’ licenses."

Please be sure to contact your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121, and urge them to cosponsor and support S. 3275..........................What do you think of this? I wonder what the 'certain criteria' would be?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
There's probably a minimum competency or course hours requirements. Right now the standards vary from state to state a lot more than the standards for getting a driver's license.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Aslan said:
There's probably a minimum competency or course hours requirements. Right now the standards vary from state to state a lot more than the standards for getting a driver's license.

:devil:
I would Love to see it happen, but with NY, NJ, Cali, DC, and other absolutely Zero-Tolerance/NO CCW states and areas out there, I dont see how this would work. Frankly it'd be pretty screwed up if say a CCW holder from Fl could carry in Say NJ, when an NJ citizen cant. Hel there are a few places out there that are still giving off-duty cops a hard time, even with the passage of HR-218 2 years ago.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
That's the whole POINT. People who couldn't carry in such states, while out of staters COULD carry, would raise enough hell to get things changed. The Constitution should be enough, the Gov't shouldn't be part of your rights, in any fashion or forum. Nobody should have to ask anyone's permission to be able to effectively defend themselves. You CAN'T give up a right. If something CAN be taken from you, it's a privilege, not a right. There aint a damned word in the Constitution givingh the Feds ANY law enforcement powers at ALL, and not a damned thing saying that a felon wasn't a part of the militia. In fact, until gca 68, there was no federal law against felons having guns. Furthermore, if the felon made the gun's receiver himself, and uses his own reloads, there's no "federal nexus", which GCA68 says that they MUST HAVE in order to get involved in the case. If the gun or ammo did not "move in interstate commerce", then the Feds have no jurisdiction. GCA 68 doesn't say a damned thing about felons not being able to have reloading components, nor other gun parts (besides the frame). Only the frame is considered to be the "gun" in the eyes of ATF, only the frame has to be serial numbered and sold thru a licensed dealer, by Fed law. Some states have laws against felongs possessing guns.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
andy said:
That's the whole POINT. People who couldn't carry in such states, while out of staters COULD carry, would raise enough hell to get things changed. The Constitution should be enough, the Gov't shouldn't be part of your rights, in any fashion or forum. Nobody should have to ask anyone's permission to be able to effectively defend themselves. You CAN'T give up a right. If something CAN be taken from you, it's a privilege, not a right. There aint a damned word in the Constitution givingh the Feds ANY law enforcement powers at ALL, and not a damned thing saying that a felon wasn't a part of the militia. In fact, until gca 68, there was no federal law against felons having guns. Furthermore, if the felon made the gun's receiver himself, and uses his own reloads, there's no "federal nexus", which GCA68 says that they MUST HAVE in order to get involved in the case. If the gun or ammo did not "move in interstate commerce", then the Feds have no jurisdiction. GCA 68 doesn't say a damned thing about felons not being able to have reloading components, nor other gun parts (besides the frame). Only the frame is considered to be the "gun" in the eyes of ATF, only the frame has to be serial numbered and sold thru a licensed dealer, by Fed law. Some states have laws against felongs possessing guns.
What's a felong?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I thought all states prohibited felons from posessing guns.Am I wrong???Of course,some states may not classify certain offenses as felonies.Who knows this one??

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Terry G said:
What's a felong?

Something with 2 more inches than a feshort.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
gripper said:
I thought all states prohibited felons from posessing guns.Am I wrong???Of course,some states may not classify certain offenses as felonies.Who knows this one??
'Most states have llwas on the books regarding Felons, but some also classify it to certain offenses, For Instance, NJ you are only prohibited from possessing a firearm if you were convicted Specific Crimes generally of a violent nature. A simple Theft, or embezzlement for instance, would NOT be prohibited from possession under thst state law, once the Probationary period was finished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts