Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spare tire. Fastest is under a hung out t shirt. Far less likely to print, or have the garment lift up when you sit down, stand up, bend over, etc. NO clunking it against cars or doorways, nor bumping it by passers by, people in elevators, etc, as is constantly a worry with the FBI position. Much easier for the weak hand to clear the garment when the gun is so worn, too. Need Officer' lenth, soft back on the rig, and rounded corners on the front end of the slide. Trigger guard area should be behind the belt, preferably with the buckle offset to one side. a 3/8" thick, 1"' square "bump" of material should be over the trigger guard, so that when you tighten the belt, it tuckes the corner of the gun butt into your navel. The muzzle should point at the juncture of your strong side thigh and pelvis, for best sit down comfort. With this rig, and a t shirt, it's quite feasible to average under .90 second to react, draw (hands at sides) and hit 10" at 10 ft. Real concealment, not bs FBI rig and "special" coat, left unfastened. If the weak hand aint available, the strong hand thumb can lift the t shirt tail, if it's not left too long, and if you know to lean back away from the gun to a big degree, and inhale as you draw. Done this way the draw and hit (using just one hand) is slowed down to more like 1.40 seconds, but that's still twice as fast as garnad is with his FBI rig. :)

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
When did I get an FBI rig? For that matter, what is an FBI rig? I think we are back in the the fantasy again!

So how did you shoot in the Nationals in 1979, 1980? 1981? 1982? 1983? 1984? 1985? 1986? 1998? Well tell the rest of the story about your IPSC career!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tsk tsk tsk. You cant get to your belly rig unless you too have your "special" coat, left unfastened. Can't carry a proper gun in that position anyway, just a short poodle popper.

A fastened coat gets in the way, but then not everyone has to fasten their coat like you do.

The winter temps in Durango where you don't even live are pretty close to an area close to where i live so don't give me any BS about what has to be done in cold weather.

Durango
Average High/Low temps
Oct 65/29
Nov 51/20
Dec41/10
Jan 38/6
Feb 44/13
March 52/20

Spokane
Temperature Averages
January.....33 F high.....22 F low
March.........49 F high.....30 F low