Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
time, when they are being shot-at(pistol situations) and neary everyone is too damned slow, both on the draw, to pivot or raise and fire, repeat hits, multiple targets, etc. they need to worry about such stuff a LOT more than having 1 malfunction in 100 rds. Ditto their bs about a 1 in 100 malfunction, durability, etc, when THEIR little pussy load fails to stop men 1 time in 2-3, even when they DO hit the chest. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Please cite the books and links where you got this information because you, andy, have never been in a gunfight in your life.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
1.) The 9x18 has a better than 33% or 50% OSS rate, depending on whichever of your made up number you go by.
2.) Only an idiot only fires once when he has to fire, so OSS (besides being BS statistically), are meaningless.
3.) That 1 in 100 jam, or, in the case of your cobbled garbage, that kaboom, could end your life. Anyone who's ever had shots fired at him, wants the reliable weapon.
4.) The 9x18 is far more effective than a .22
5.) You're just jealous because you can't control anything that's not a .22, including the 9x18.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
andy said:
...they need to worry about such stuff a LOT more than having 1 malfunction in 100 rds. Ditto their bs about a 1 in 100 malfunction, durability, etc, when THEIR little pussy load fails to stop men 1 time in 2-3, even when they DO hit the chest. :)

Say you drive to work & back every day, drive to lunch 2 days a week, and to the store or elsewhere another 3 times a week; approx 100 'trips' a month. Would you trust a car that "malfunctioned" (left you stranded) 1 time in 100? Would you trust it for your wife to use?

I wouldn't.

A defensive pistol plays a much more critical role than a vehicle, and should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one.

And my "little pussy load" puts out over 400 ft/lbs of energy per shot (read: 6,500+ ft/lbs per magazine) from a gun that's smaller and thinner than a LW commander, and weighs only 28 ounces including 16 rounds of ammo on tap. Not only that, I can buy it when I want to. It's not some non-standard, used-to-be-available load that is only available on internet auction sites, and then at over $20 a box.

One failure in 2 is 50% effective; and one failure in 3 is 67% effective, and I agree that 60-70% is likely where a lot of factory loads probably are. I think you under-estimate the effectiveness of modern higher-end loads. My compact 9mm pistol, with the loads I carry in it, is substantially more powerful than the thousands of .32-20 rifles that have used LRN bullets to take tens of thousands of deer for over a century. It's actually about 35% MORE powerful than those old deer rifles, in fact.

Pussy loads. Right. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Gunkid brags he misses 3 or 4 times in a row. Why he is at the top of the list in missing. And we all know he dosn't have a cut up POS star pistol nor a POSCAR. What a loser.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Trying to bury all the post, right stupekid? Lots of luck.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Typical gunkid bs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts