Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and all can have their rights restored. When the time comes, I'll find them, via the Net and my connections on the "yards". Some campaign manager is going to have 1/2 mill $ and I'm gonna make it happen.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
This is never going to happen.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Well,SOMEONE please provide some more details. I'm not a felon or righteously prohibited, but given my experience I'm always interested in this kind of possibility. IMHO,the whole " prohibited persons " status thrown into people who 1) have fulfilled all sentencing/parole/probation obligations and are NOT in custody/under indictment etc is an abomination. End of sentence should mean resolution of rights.NOT in custody but " still prohibited "? WHY ever release them if they're" still dangerous to society "? I have little regard for " public servants " and even less respect for most of the shot callers.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they CANT keep locked up the 10 million who are ex felons, not on parole. it costs $30,000 per year each, and they are paying 10-20 per year each in taxes and if you lock them up, their familes go on welfare. So, 60k each times 10 million is 600 BILLIOn $. EVERY year. THAT is why felons are released, sentence MAXES are 5 or 10 years in many cases, you can't keep somebody locked up longer than the max sentence. sheesh. how ignorant is that?

the method is called a "private bill". any member of congress can author one. they are normally 'tacked onto" a budget bill, many are done that way every year. the trick is finding a pol willing to do it. it would only happen if he's retiring from public life. He won't talk to you, he's afraid of a bribery charge. but he owes EVERYTHING to his campaign manager, and said man IS free to lobby "his" politician on your behalf and he IS free to take your money for doing so, and it IS legal to do this. The price I was quoted was half a million $.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
they CANT keep locked up the 10 million who are ex felons, not on parole. it costs $30,000 per year each, and they are paying 10-20 per year each in taxes and if you lock them up, their familes go on welfare. So, 60k each times 10 million is 600 BILLIOn $. EVERY year. THAT is why felons are released, sentence MAXES are 5 or 10 years in many cases, you can't keep somebody locked up longer than the max sentence. sheesh. how ignorant is that?

the method is called a "private bill". any member of congress can author one. they are normally 'tacked onto" a budget bill, many are done that way every year. the trick is finding a pol willing to do it. it would only happen if he's retiring from public life. He won't talk to you, he's afraid of a bribery charge. but he owes EVERYTHING to his campaign manager, and said man IS free to lobby "his" politician on your behalf and he IS free to take your money for doing so, and it IS legal to do this. The price I was quoted was half a million $.

nobody TRIES to create an all new private bill. that would be noticed by the media. But ALL parts of ANY bill passed by congress and signed by the prez are "acts of Congress" and have full force of law. Every word. all the pols do this, you can watch it happening on Cspan, any time a budget bill is being passed. "the gentleman from Ill, a PRIVATE BILL, jd named 'mofo of the year". blah blah. it's all in the congressional record for anyone to see. The fact that Terry doesn't know about it just means Terry's ignorant, not that it doesn't exist. Terry at first TRIED to claim that this method doesn't exist. now he's backpedaled to say 'it can't be done". well, yo'ure goign to eat **** on THAT part too, boyo.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Your dreaming. Thousands, maybe tens of thousands of first time, non-violent Felons have tried for gun rights restoration. Lawyers got rich. Nothing else happened.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
no lawyers are involved, dumbass. they went at it all wrong.
Dumbass? I'm not the one with multiple felonies grasping at the most stupid straws I've heard of yet. Let's see how many guns you own a year from now. Definitely lay down $50,000.00. Let's see far it get's you. By the way, where would YOU get $50,000.00? Your probably struggling to buy Peanut Butter. Make sure this politicians name isn't Madoff!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Gentlemen, on one hand I'm not one to encourage unrealistic expectations. OTOH I'm not one to take cheap shots at those whose situation ( self administered or otherwise) when they're trying to think outside the box. My situation and case was NOT the same. That said,maybe a little outside the box thinking might hit a long shot. Some thought I was either going out with a body count or heading for a prison sentence somewhere north of 10+ and a little South of life.
I'm ALWAYS interested in at least reading and discussing alternative reinstatement of rights. My own is at least tangentially related.
Nikto/JMD/Andy/Gunkid is NOT easy to get along with. On ( recent) oçcasions I've been inclined towards the wrathful side of my nature towards him as well.
Maybe we all -you too Nikto-dial it back and consider the topic at least a little bit.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Good thought, Gripper. I can discuss this reasonably. but John always loses his temper. Even in discussions of Caliber, Rifle, etc. It instantly becomes, "Dumbass, Punk, Twit", on and on. I worked for the U.S. DOJ for 23 years. Never, never did I see a Federal Felons loss of rights restored by any legal action whatsoever. Unless a Federal Pardon is granted your out of luck. No, I don't think it's right. Some "Felonies" are a joke. Other, such as first time non-violent drug convictions, I think should be removed from the record once the prison term is served and the supervision satisfied. Why scar someone for life because they sold a couple ounces of grass? Unfortunately, this is the system we've got. As far as John's theory on bribing some official to push through a bill to pardon 10 convicts with multiple felony convictions? Come on. That's not thinking outside the box, that's 's looking for another prison term. This is not John's first plan by far to somehow beat the system. They never seem to work. And get 10 convicts to come up with a plan? You would have at least nine trying to cheat the others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts