Arms Locker banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,now I have the itch for one of these Commie guns.
Back in the day I remember both Chinese & Russian versions being availabe.

Which are better & why?Also,what's a reasonable limit to pay?

My gun auction searches & importer searches haven't proven fruitful so far.

Oh & Andy?I know you think that it's a worthless POS so you don't need to remind me,eh?:wavey:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
since you aint very good with real guns, why waste time and money on an awkward clunker like the Tok, or the CZ?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The Tokarev and the CZ are only 'clunkers' in the hands of the inept and lame, such a those who've not gotten as much practice as the rest in the last 20 years.

The 7.62x25mm can be a pretty lethal round, especially with handloads in the CZ.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
They are awkward and clunkers in ANYBODY'S hands. A lame like you just doesn't KNOW what speed of handling IS.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
andy said:
since you aint very good with real guns, why waste time and money on an awkward clunker like the Tok, or the CZ?
Uh,o.k.Sure.

Had to say something didn't you?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have a Russian Tokarev which I shoot now and then and have shot Chinese Tokarevs. The Russian pistol is berrer. but the Chinese pistols shoot well. If you get one ammoman.com.sells Sellier&Beloit 7.62X25mm ammunition at a good price. It also shoots well in a CZ52,

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
If you can find an original Russian Tokarev, you should grab it and run. I've been looking for one for a long time without luck. The only Toks inported into the US in recent years that I know of are the Polish and Chinese models. I have both. Be aware that each has had a safety added to allow importation.

The Polish TOK is in 7.62x25 - good/very good condition. It has a flip safety located on the left side and above the mag release. The up/down safety stop isn't well machined so its possible to rotate the safety downward until it no longer contacts the frame. Then you have to dis-assemble the safety to fit it back to the frame properly.

The Chinese TOK is in 9mm and made by Norinco - VG/Exc condition. Because of dimensional differences it would be very difficult to fit a 7.62x25 barrel. You would also have to remove the magazine spacer. The safety is located above and to the rear of the left grip. Forward/backward movement is limited by 2 el-cheapo tiny metric screws that are always wanting to come out or break off.

Both function perfectly and have very good fit and finish for Commie guns. They are fun, accurate and easy to shoot - even in 7.62x25. Be careful not to shoot the hot SMG in your TOK cuz that ammo will beat it to death. The CZ52 will handle such stuff okay though.

Both are good guns and the cheaper Norinco makes a good car gun. Of the two I like the Polish model better - maybe because its in the original cartridge. Also the Pole is supposedly made on Russian tooling so parts are easier to find. BTW I HATE the safety on both of them.

I really like the Tokarev and that 7.62x25 is a real whizzer - and LOUD too. Recoil isn't a problem for even me. If you want one, I would encourage you to get it. I'm that impressed.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Hey RIKA, that's interesting. I've got one of those 9MM Chinese Tokarev's too. Too bad they had to tack on that cheesy safety. I don't trust it at all. But the gun itself is light and fast handling and surprisingly accurate. The only problems I've had were with Winchester Silvertips. They seem to hang up twice per magazine. Rather than fool with it I just fire ball through it and it's hassle free.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Terry, you are definitely a man of good taste. BTW, I love your Webley. Did you get it C&R?

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Just pointing out what you SHOULD know, but obviously don't. Compared to the bs guys like you ejaculate around here, my post was the epitome of good sense.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Actually andy is the crown prince of lies and cowardice as well as the dispenser of moronic babble. The plane ticket andy.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rika & Terry?
Any chance that either of you has removed the tacky bolt on safety?

I'm assuming that O.E. internal parts can be found to replace the buggered up ones,yes?How big is the hole left in the frame?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Jeff, the safety is a sear(Chinese) or trigger (Polish) blocker. I have had both fall out and fixed them (put them back in). Don't think that any original parts were modified. If you remove them all you have is an unsightly little hole. I replaced the safetys because of civil liability. Hole is small - 1/8" or less approx.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Raider said:
Terry, you are definitely a man of good taste. BTW, I love your Webley. Did you get it C&R?

RIKA :)
Those pistols are the one's my wife bought me for being a good boy. The exception is the CZ52, which I bought myself. I didn't buy the Webley C&R, I've had it for 20 years, I just got my C&R license a year ago. Oh, the money I could have saved, because I'm a perfect fiend for old military guns. Springfield Trapdoors, Martini-Henry's, SMLE's, Mausers,AK's, SKS's, I want them all. Same with Tokarev's, CZ's, Colt's, Makarov's, well you get the idea. .41 MAG, I didn't remove the slap-dash safety from my Tokarev for the reasons RIKA stated. It's not CCW gun or even a "truck" gun, but I do carry it occasionaly while tromping around. The litigious society we are in makes us all targets. You remove a "Safety" and then use the weapon for self defense and the opposing attorney will roast you over a slow fire. Sad but true.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Raider said:
Actually andy is the crown prince of lies and cowardice as well as the dispenser of moronic babble. The plane ticket andy.

RIKA
RIKA said it perfectly!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rika & Terry?Thanks for your input about the guns & safties.Assuming that I can find a decent one,I'd like to return the gun to original configuration if at all possible.

I've a few reasons why it would never be considered a CHL piece so occasional plinker duty is all I ask.

Thanks again,jeff

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Gee,I wonder why I always shot well with my CZa and Toks?Once certain surplus ammo was figured out to be "subgun only",all was well.Yes the sights are crude(as on all Combloc guns),but somehow rounds went whert iIwanted them to.Ahhh,if only they were choped/beveled/hacked Star BMs with over-proof loads......

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Jeff ... or anyone else ... if you should figure out how to neatly fill that hole in the frame please post it here as I would surely like to know how.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
They are awkward and clunkers in ANYBODY'S hands. A lame like you just doesn't KNOW what speed of handling IS.
So, what you're saying is that you're inpet with combloc weapons and expect everyone else to be too so you'll feel better about it.

BTW, the 7.62mm Tokarev round has some serious penetration and in the CZ can be loaded to .357mag velocities. The Tokarev pistol, like the venerable Makarov that superceded it, is tough as nails and has a rep for working in the harshest sub-zero temps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts