Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw an AYA sidelock 12 bore for sale recently- $800 asking price- 30 inch barrels- with Spanish proof marks and 18.5 choke marked for each barrel- 30" with beavertail - push button release pin at front of forearm= straight hand stock with double triggers= auto ejectors- true sidelock- as the axle pins can be seen on each lock plate-no cracks in stock head or near either plate-top lever with AYA in gold in circle- lever to right of center line of tang- black Bakelite buttplate- stock does have a sling stud-for about a 3/4" wide sling-also botton barrel(s) rib=about half way up on 30" barrels has a front sling "eye"-the blued plate is affixed to the rib by two small screws- so I assume the rib was drilled and tapped for this- Read a little on Spanish guns in Mike McIntosh's book 1999- Best Guns- he mentions the better AYA doubles were made before a DIARM ownership-(possibly like the Meriden Mfg. Parkers vs. the Ilion Parkers) or the Phila. mfg. AH Fox shotguns vs the Utica mfg Foxes-) any Spanish double guys out there? Shed some light on this AYA for me- same dealer also has a nice clean Parker VH 12- 30" full and full- 1 & 1/2 frame size- DT extractor- splinter and pg stock with black Parker logo buttplate- asking $2200 which-from ads I see in GUN DIGEST seem low=Serial number on this VH is 225xxx-all numbers match- Sundance!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Gunners 762

Thanks for the response-I see I need to do more research-I may get a copy of Terry Wieland's book "Spanish Best" and research this AYA- additionally it has the Purdey double underbite lugs- a Greener type crossbolt that engages through the top rib extension to reinforce the locking of the action- and it also has, what I believe Purdeys calls- "Clips to action"- SD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts