Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you guys may or may not know... I'm building a .50 rifle on a McMillan action. I'm just not sure what stock I want t use. I'm leaning towards one of the stocks from McMillan but before I commit to it, does anyone have any other alternative ideas for a stock?

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
There really isn't to much out there for .50's. Your pretty much stuck with the factory stock, that being a traditional type or bench rest style. McMillan can put either one on for you.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Mabye you could look into the AICS .50 Size stocks.

If you like em, im warning you that they are insanely hard to get a hold of these days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did they actually make an AICS stock for different model .50's? I thought they just made them for smaller rifles.

I can't imagine what a .50 stock would cost? The price of another .50.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yup, they make a .50 version. Its 900$, just like the AICS level 2. The problem is finding them. AI is consolidating its business to Europe only.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got a link to that DW?

I've been talking to Rock McMillan and I may have him build a custom design stock to my specs for this gun...

Mike

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Schroll down on this page and thats what the .50 AICS looks like http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/AW.html#aw50

I saw it somewhere individually, without the rifle, but I cant find that page again. If you like how it looks, Id call AI and see what they can do for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts