10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This from Ammoman:

We have just restocked the 50 BMG ammo.
50 BMG BLUE TIP INCENDIARY
50 BMG SPOTTER TRACERS
50 BMG TRACERS
50 BMG BALL AMMO
Your choice......$215 can of 150 rounds delivered.

Just FYI

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Anyone who has not shot those spotter/tracer rounds is missing a real treat! Figure that shipping is costing around $30, so that ammo is real inexpensive.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
"eric the ammoman" IS NOT listing ANY.50 B.M.G.
in stock!!! in fact, has any body been keeping thier eye on "cheap" ammo!!!

i've a friend 'who has a friend' who had a .50 cal and sold the rifle, but kept his stock of ammo.[200rds] well it came around back to me at $1.75 per round[about 6 months ago],,,and I laughed/passed,,,er,,,ah,,,I'm finding out this weekend 'iffin' that dude "still wants to deal" :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I load my own... Can't get any good match quality .50 ammo for a good price otherwise.

I am however always on the lookout for the 710 grain AP projectiles... they are surprisingly accurate.

Mike

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Fortunately when .50BMG ammo was relatively cheap, I bought a BUNCH of it. Plus I have projectiles, brass, primers, and powder to last me a REAL LONG TIME.

The stuff like API, Spotter/Tracer, and Incendiary are all non renewable resources, as it is EXTREMELY doubtful that stuff will ever be available to us mere mortals again once the current supply dries up.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Rich Z said:
The stuff like API, Spotter/Tracer, and Incendiary are all non renewable resources, as it is EXTREMELY doubtful that stuff will ever be available to us mere mortals again once the current supply dries up.
You better believe that.....The good ole days are over.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
yes I know!!! as my 25lb.[dry-wieght] 'herters' single-stage press won't accomodate .50cal ANYTHING!,,,although, I'm still setting on top of over 400 rds[no match-qualitiy'plain-ball' though! out of a single-shot this 'stock should last a lifetime',,,UNLESS , OF COURSE THE NATION of the "LODGE of the IRONSPINE" declares,,,WAR.

:dgrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm glad I also reload and have been stocking up on 50 supplies for a few years now. Every chance I get I buy more brass, bullets and primers.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Kpdpipes said:
Cheaper than Dirt is listing Talon at over $600.00 for 150 rounds

Major OUCH!! Looks like AmmoMan is all sold out. Maybe it is crunch time for this caliber with all the talks of .50 bans being thrown about.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are all out now. If you call them and ask them about the FN 50BMG ammo they might be able to tell you when they are getting more. I know I would love to get some more. It was something like $249 for 200 and then it cost me $50 for shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ace high

:hot: 2 can ball ammo= of 50BMG ace high
RIKA said:
This from Ammoman:

We have just restocked the 50 BMG ammo.
50 BMG BLUE TIP INCENDIARY
50 BMG SPOTTER TRACERS
50 BMG TRACERS
50 BMG BALL AMMO
Your choice......$215 can of 150 rounds delivered.

Just FYI

RIKA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nathan

ace high said:
:hot: 2 can ball ammo= of 50BMG ace high
Hello
I am a Life Time NRA member, former Class III dealer and was an early member of FCSA for many years.
I was thinking about dusting off my McMillan when I discovered my buddies have shot up my spar ammo.
I think I paid .50 a round for the last I bought; I see that is not possible now.
Does any one know where I could buy 1000 or 2000 rounds of 50 Cal. Ball Ammo at a good price?

Appreciate any information any one can offer on buy a large quantity of ammo.
I would also buy some .223 to feed my Class III’s.

Best Regards
Nathan

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I really don't think there is any "cheap" .50BMG around any longer. And don't see how the future will bring out any either. I doubt the government is allowing much in the way of imports of this stuff.

The only option you probably have is to buy reloading gear and supplies and roll your own. Using surplus powder and components (which may still be available), is about the only route open to you.

BTW, it appears that AmmoMan (http://www.Ammoman.com) just got in a shipment of the Barrett stamped ammo. Price is around $4 per round.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts