Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.strategypage.com//fyeo/howtomakewar/default.asp?target=htweap.htm

December 29, 2004: Shotguns have become a popular weapon in Iraq, mainly because there is a new, and much better, military shotgun available. In 2000, the U.S. Department of Defense adopted the Benelli 12 gauge shotgun as the M1014 “Joint Service Combat Shotgun.” The 40 inch long, 8.5 pound Benelli design had a pistol grip, a collapsible stock and a tube magazine holding up to seven rounds. The new weapon replaced over half a dozen other models used by the different services. The M1014 has an effective range of 40 meters with buckshot, and 125 meters when using a rifled slug. The weapon is modular, allowing use without the pistol grip, and with optical and electronic sights. The urban combat in Iraq has made the shotgun a popular weapon, especially the special round for blowing off locks. The M1014 also turned out to be a very reliable and durable weapon. All the dust and, in season, mud, have failed to shut down the M1014. A civilian version is available for about $1,500

Reactions: Hasher

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
MOST EXCELLENT OF THREADS!

good job D-JET!

i have not 'hit' the strategy page in a few days!

thanks.

Reactions: Hasher

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
sure, if only against ignorant ********,(who only have pos AKS) with lots of armor and help, a shotgun sometimes suffices. so what? Same could be said of a canned .22 pistol.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Gunkid, you would be surprised how intelligent those people are! Most have a IQ of 161 !!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
well looks like tard has never seen the need to use less than lethal rounds and he thinks he can use teh canned 22 POS as a breaching gun.

and Tuef you made a mistake there. Thats an IQ of 16.1 not 161.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
well looks like tard has never seen the need to use less than lethal rounds and he thinks he can use teh canned 22 POS as a breaching gun.

and Tuef you made a mistake there. Thats an IQ of 16.1 not 161.
Hasher, why do I always agree with you?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Good post ...

I have a Remington 870 riot gun, rifle sights and a 20" barrel. It also has a full length magazine tube on it. The capacity is eight shots.

However the barrel has an anomaly about it. I set up a vertical, three bullseye rifle target at 100 yards, and fired at it, once, with 00 buck shot.

There were twelve holes in the targets, dispersed in a vertical, fan shaped pattern. There is no way that I would get rid of that shotgun based on how it patterned with the buck shot.

It would be nice to have one of the Benelli's though.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
One? Why handicap yourself with just one?

And what no Scattergun Tech guns for loaners or backups?

Last time I looked into the safes I had the following scatterguns

2 Benelli M1S90 with Ghost Rings, side saddles, and extensions,

2 SCattergun Tech 870's and one Copy all with Ghost rings, extensions, side saddles and the copy also has a sure fire forend on it.

1 Plain Jane 870 with 18 1/2" Factory barrel

1 HK Fabarms FP6 12 guage

1 Winchester 1300 Defender in 20 Guage. I have been meaning ot add sights and a butt cuff to it.

I think I really need one more fighting shotgun to round the whole thing out.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
A Rem Police 870 with the 18 1/2in barrel, 2 shot extension and 7 shot Cold Comfort (copy) leather butt cuff stays beside my bed every night. You couldn't pry it from me.

RIKA

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm not going to pretend to have liked or trusted all of the Arabic or Farsi speakers I have known,but the only truly STUPID one I met was in my basic trtaining company at Benning back in 1981.He managed to acquire a medical discharge when he fired the M-2 .50 cal;he hit the trigger instead of the bolt release while behind it in the seated position.With all of the bits of brass and other metal,I think its doubrtful he 's contributed to the gene pool since.He was from Lebanon ,as I recall.
Andy,the shotgun does not care whether or not the guy before the muzzle is an idiot,or from the Rand corp.;in range is just that.Me? my preference is for rifles&pistols,but Benelli IS a great gun.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Mossberg M500 ATP6SP;
1905 Winchester M97 Takedown w/ 20" barrel;
1945 Winchester M97 Trench Gun

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
andy said:
sure, if only against ignorant ********,(who only have pos AKS) with lots of armor and help, a shotgun sometimes suffices. so what? Same could be said of a canned .22 pistol.
This TOO funny! I can just see John-boy clearing a building clutching his trusty M-21 with hostiles in it armed with AK's. I bet you would show them, wonder boy. Tell them your an convicted felon, that will scare them to death. Too bad you couldn't have gotten to those ignorant Gooks during 'Nam huh, John? Oh, that's right, you were too busy sleeping on guard duty and torturing dog's too bother with the war. :hot:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mossburg with tac-star side saddle (4 shot.) This old gun just NEVER jams. I've been in tactical shotgun classes and it just did as good as any fancy Wilson scattergun.

Gunkid's admits he is scare of recoil, so his views on shotguns are colored by that. Note gunkid is no where near any hotspot, but the military guys on the tip of the spear WANT the shotguns. That tells you something.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
actually he could probable make friends with them.

After all they like to bugger little boys.

He likes to be buggered like a little boy.

Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sure, if only against ignorant ****,(who only have pos AKS) with lots of armor and help, a shotgun sometimes suffices. so what? Same could be said of a canned .22 pistol.
Those “ignorant * (who only have pos AKS) Jane kicked Russia out and America.
We never did push them out of the mountains. We also funded and taught them, gave them weapons when they were fighting the Russians. Think before you speak son, lotsa ppl spent lotsa time in hospitals or underground bc of those “ignorant ***

1 - 16 of 16 Posts