Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a new CZ .45 called the CZT45C yesterday. THis was at a major Outdoors show I attended yesterday. The pistol is not a modified CZ9B, but a new design intended to copete with pistols like the Lightweight 1911A1 Commander,It has the classic CZ DA/SA design, has a 4inch+ barrel and ten round magazines. The CZ rep said it weighed about 28 ounces, They are just starting to be shipped to dealers.

If it is accurate and reliable it would be a better gun that the Lightweight Commander.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I will look forward to the chance to examine one. Sounds like a fine handgun but if its much larger in the butt than the 75B then it would be too big for my hand.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Huh,nothing on the CZ site about it.

It'll definately be something to look for though.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Mabu thinks it would merit looking at.

Also know that the CZ takes awhile to be updated.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
what makes it "better" than the lwc, old fool? Will it have all the GI and aftermarket parts, the hundreds of good smiths that know it intimately, the slimness, the compactness of subcompact versions? Hell, no, and there's nothing wrong with the lwC. So why bother with something new, new holster, new mags, mag pouches, new manual of arms, etc, etc, etc? Big waste of time and money, and you never carry anything but a .22 anyway.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Because CZs run right out of the box, that's why.
Because CZs are generally pretty accurate, that's why.
Because CZs are dead on reliable, that's why.

Hell, even Jeff Cooper, Mr 1911, said the CZ 75 was a better gun than the 1911.
CZ makes good shit, that's why.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What Magnum said.Exactly!

"Andy"?Think a minute.Why do tou suppose so many people are intimately aware of the innards of the 1911A1 pattern pistol?

Could it be that it's because there are so many that are total POS?Hmmm.I think so.

Is the 1911A1 a great design?Yep.Can & do people fuck it up daily?Yep.
Get the picture?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mean the CZ97B in my carry holster is really a .22? And I.ve been wasting tons of money on .45ACP ammo for it/

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Years ago,my father( WW2 vet) and my Uncle Walter( anotrher WW2 vet,now deceased) dug out an interesting single action pocket .32 acp.It was fun to shoot,and kind of influenced my respect for CZs, and other Eastern European arms.I later learned it was called a CZ27.Oddly enough,it even ran with hollow poionts,as long as the bullet shape was not too different in shape from FMJ.I think my cousin still has it;I'll have to inquire.
Does the lockwork on the new .45 follow the smae pattern as the 97?Is the slide rail interface with the frame also mirror the other models? I hope so,because thats some of the features I always liked about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts