Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Are you looking for a gun show, type in your zip code and radius and we will show you the gun shows in that area. Don't know how to get there look at our map. Sign up for free email updates when new gun show are available in your area.

http://www.americasgunshows.com

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Looks like a nice tool to have available! I'm always looking for gunshows nearby. But I have a suggestion: You may want to put the city and state in the results page. I checked from my own location in North Florida with a 250 mile radius and there were a few shows listed that I had no clue what town they are in. I know I could click on the map, but why make people take an extra step for this info?

But thanks for the link. I'm sure I'll be using it in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Constructive Suggestion

Rich Z

Thank you for the suggestion, we have added the city and state to the primary listing page. We appreciate suggestions, as we are trying to present a resource to make finding gun shows as easy a possible.

If you talk to the show promoters please let them know that you are looking for their shows on AmericasGunShows.com, it will help us to help you.

The promoters are more apt to work with us to keep their shows up to date, if they know their attendees are looking for the shows on AmericasGunShows.com.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Michigan promoters not on board yet?The only ones I could bring up were in IN & OH.
I can see this as,potentially,a useful tool.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I guess you took a look at the availability of GUNSHOWS.COM, eh? Last time I looked, it was for sale for something like $5K. Now it takes you to yet another search engine site. I wish they wouldn't do that with domain names that have nothing at all to do with the target you reach.

I did get the name ArmsShows.com, but I doubt I will ever do anything with it. I have a site set up called HerpShows.com ("herps" is short for herptiles - reptiles and amphibians) which is in a calendar format. I thought that maybe one day I would set up something like this for guns and arms shows as well. But heck, I don't have enough time as it is for all of the things on my plate.....

Good luck with your site!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Michigan Gun Shows

Thank you for the request.

We have contacted a primary show promoter in Michigan, Sport Show Promotions, LLC.

They were not interested in being listed on our site. If you would like to see their shows listed on our site, please contact them and let them know you are using AmericasGunShows.com to look for gun shows and could not find their shows there (we offer free listings for gun show promoters).

If you know of other promoters in the Michigan area or other areas, please contact them and let them know about AmericasGunShows.com (again we offer free listings for gun show promoters), or email us the promoter contact information and we will contact them about listing their shows.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Fair enough.I believe that the next mi show is the end of june.I'll see about passing your info along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts