Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 4.5-14 Leupold VX-3i on my .280, which until now has an 30 year old 2-7 leupold. I went with the simple duplex reticle, which is perfect for hunting...

I put butler creek flip ups on it for about $20, vs almost $100 for the leupold ones.

now I just need to get it sighted in....

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Love Leupold. I don't have any high-end ones, but their low-end to mid-range ones have worked great for me for a long time. Up until probably 6-8 years ago, my primary CAR-15 had one of their 1-4x 'shotgun' scopes on it; and I used it for everything from LE duty to deer hunting. I now have a red dot on my primary gun, but still have that 1-4x and several identical ones on several guns. They just work great & I've never had one fail.

·
Administrator
2,558 Posts
I'm a Leupold user aside from an occasional Burris customer. For a long time. I've got four of the MK AR scopes and the VC 6HD that I bought last year. Unfortunately that's the only one that gave me troubles. The adjustment system seemed to be FUBAR from day one. However no human made product will ever be lemon or Murphy proof.
It was however repaired, fully refurbished and returned in tip top shape.

·
Administrator
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love Leupold. I don't have any high-end ones, but their low-end to mid-range ones have worked great for me for a long time. Up until probably 6-8 years ago, my primary CAR-15 had one of their 1-4x 'shotgun' scopes on it; and I used it for everything from LE duty to deer hunting. I now have a red dot on my primary gun, but still have that 1-4x and several identical ones on several guns. They just work great & I've never had one fail.
My ARs have a mixture of Vortex and Leupold LPVOs, and an assortment of red-dots, from high end to lower end stuff. (not counting Nightvision, which I'm going to take a dedicated rifle for)

·
Administrator
2,558 Posts
I've got two mkAR scopes that are identical 1.5-4x with illuminated center dot on my 16" lightweight carbine and another on my Mk 18 wannabe. One older 3-9x mkAR on my MK12 wannabe. The other on my MAR-10 in .,308win. The later I'm going to replace with some sort of mid priced 1-6 or 1-8 when I get a chance to. Then it'll get shifted to my Rem 700 varmint Rifle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.