Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10,278 Posts
223 fan said:
Myself,I hated how hard black powder was to get, 1968, for a 16 year old boy, and how much of it I had to use, and how much it cost. I took to mixing 3grsof Bullseye powder with 3 grs of fffg black powder. I'd prepare the charges in advance,put them in empty capsules from the pharmacy, and carried them in an old Remington 38 special ammo box. :)
I don't know what pressures you generated with that mix but don't ever NEVER use smokeless powder in a black powder firearm. Rifle, shotgun or pistol.

RIKA

· Registered
10,278 Posts
sgtbpm said:
thanks guys, but little shy on the lingo, What's PITA, oxo wonderwad? I did read about the powders alittle bit, regular and Pyrodex, which is better? I'm really looking foward to going out and shooting this thing but want to get it right, I did read about guns blowing up, Yikes!!!!
You put the wonderwads in each cylinder to prevent your revolver chain firing. Some folks use Crisco, etc but its goopy and messy. The WWs are clean. Pyrodex is a black powder substitute - you still have to clean but it doesn't foul as easily. BTW, you can buy pyrodex pre-formed into little 15gr cylinders that just press into the revolver's chambers (does away with the measure). I like those a lot.

RIKA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.