Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a replica 1851 Navy colt BP. Any suggestions on what the best powder to use, ammo etc etc.. OH and shooting regular bullets out of it instead of the round balls??

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, but little shy on the lingo, What's PITA, oxo wonderwad? I did read about the powders alittle bit, regular and Pyrodex, which is better? I'm really looking foward to going out and shooting this thing but want to get it right, I did read about guns blowing up, Yikes!!!!

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool, I found the pyrodex today and bought a box, I did talk with Pietta whom made it and they said 1851's Navy were chamberd in both .44 and .36.. U can tell by the engraving, mine have the battle ships engraved on the cylinder. the army's have some sort of army scene engraved. It does have a brass frame and they said for no reason put smokeless powder in it. I will for sure go on that advise that you guys have been saying.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I took a drive out too Cabela's today and the gun guy help me get the equipment I need to go and shoot it, now it's play time.. I completely forgot about the caps i think he called them, but he recommended #10's, that's what i got, any info on them before I go shoot??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.