Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I took a drive out too Cabela's today and the gun guy help me get the equipment I need to go and shoot it, now it's play time.. I completely forgot about the caps i think he called them, but he recommended #10's, that's what i got, any info on them before I go shoot??

· Registered
5,884 Posts
I know it's been beaten down, but let me say it again DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES mix smokeless and blackpowder, and unless your weapon specifically says it can use smokeless (I think soem of the new Savage? rifles can), don't do it.

Here's some of the reason why. Blackpowder must be compressed to ensure there is no air gap in the load. BP with an air gap in the load is a bomb.
Smokeless, on the other hand, becomes very dangerous when you compress it if you don't know what you're doing (I.E. Hornady light magnums use compressed smokeless, actually a blend of 3 different powders compressed, but done in a very controled manner, DO NOT try it at home). So, blending smokeless and BP, and then compressing it, is ASKING to have a detonation from the compressed smokeless, and could cost you your guns, hand, or life.

If anyone still has questions as to why we say GoonKid's load "data" is dangerous, I hope this clears that up.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.