Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of you, I learned reloading with Unique - all the best calibers. I hate it because its just plain nasty. Unburned powder and residue over everything.

Have read that the new Unique is much cleaner burning. In your experience is this the truth or just advertising.

I still have 3 or 4 cans left to use but also have a bunch of bullets and cases. Baby wipes work great for cleaning my hands.

RIKA

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well so far it seems to be so.

But I have yet to use it in a .44mag yet; that seemed to be worse for fouling in that cartridge.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
new unique

did not hear about a new/improved variant. i just checked shelf, looks like i'm still on a bullseye kick with about 2.3, lbs i remember buying a pound of ramshot i think it was? a year or so ago. it was a clean burning powder, still got 45.acp loaded up with it. i did find 4pounds of wc860(.50cal) it might come in handy someday but it's getting old:bomb:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I must have on;y gotten the new stuff, I haven't seen that it's that nasty. Mostly I prefer 2400 for my pistol loads.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use 2400 in the 44 and 45 Colt loads. Works great and very clean burning.

RIKA

·
Registered
397 Posts
It burns some cleaner, but I never saw that as an issue. If a powder does what I want, I'll use it. AL-7 was the nastiest powder I ever used, but it gave "picture book" patterns with 1 1/2 ounces of #2's, so I used it right up until it was discontinued.

DC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts