Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen one yet that wouldn't group 1" at 50 yds, scoped, from the bench, with it's "favorite" ammo. What you gonna hunt with a .22lr that requires more accuracy than that, hmm? NOTHING, that's what.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Some people will never learn ...

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
a1"deviation at 50 yards[is a miss on the tip of a SQUIRRELS nose]
i will lay it out, to you [1] time.

there is great amusment/joy by just clippin' their sniffers off, an watchin' them stumble/bleed out from 40' above the ground, and crashin'/burnin'
to the deck![ man ,you really should have at LEAST went out to the woods to JACK-OFF when you was a kid]

:wavey:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and hey, stupid, 1" groups mean HALF an inch deviation at 50 yds, and no, you AINT better than that, under field conditions, liar.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Between Brass' ability and your ability with a rifle, I will bet on Brass every time. You would do well to hit a washtub at 50 yds andy. Thanks for the laugh though.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
remember folks the only thing he can hit accuratly is his big toe. I will bet on brass hammer or rika over tard. Or me left handed.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The fact that you torture squirrels by shooting their noses off is very disturbing, brass hammer.

Sick shit man, sick shit. Giving woodsmen a bad name, you are.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
brass hammer said:
a1"deviation at 50 yards[is a miss on the tip of a SQUIRRELS nose]
i will lay it out, to you [1] time.

there is great amusment/joy by just clippin' their sniffers off, an watchin' them stumble/bleed out from 40' above the ground, and crashin'/burnin'
to the deck![ man ,you really should have at LEAST went out to the woods to JACK-OFF when you was a kid]

Even NUTTY JOHN doesn't post crap like his.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
<snip>

You would do well to hit a washtub at 50 yds andy. Thanks for the laugh though.

RIKA
Since he got out of prison, NUTTY JOHN has had to CRAP in a wash tub to KEEP IT FROM SPLATTERING ...

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
My son and I have a strict rule when squirrel hunting. Head shots only. Somehow we limit out and don't lose much meat. My son uses a .22 and I use a .22mag (which forces me to only do head shots).

I think last time we had two that where hit in the shoulders, the rest were all head shots.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
My 10-22 is not half as accurate as my CZ, my kid's CZ, or even my Marlin 60. I can literally hit better with the kids' CZ with iron sights, than I can with the 10-22; and it has a decent 4x32 scope, and has had the trigger smoothed a bunch. I still would rather use my CAR with converison unit than the 10-22 for small game. It's that inaccurate.

I just always assumed that most were like mine, and that was why there was an entire industry based on nothing but new barrels and triggers for the 10-22.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
What have you done with the 10/22 besides the trigger job? I'm surprised your having trouble with accuracy, mine has always shot extremely well with just about any ammo I feed her. I've only done minor tinkering (I'm not a gunsmith nor do I claim to be, but I like to try to do minor crap to get things to work better, especially if there is plenty of cheap parts to fix my "repairs"). What has helped mine is the toothpaste trick on the trigger, dremeling (is that even a word?) out the barrel band so it doesn't touch the barrel, refinish the stock, new mag release and buttpad extension to keep her on my shoulder. I consistenly get 1/2" groups at 50 yards, and I'm sure the gun could do better if it had another trigger operator.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Nothing but a trigger job and scope; a good (for a .22) simmons 4x32. IMO, a .22 rifle shouldn’t need more than that to make it at least ‘decent’. The trigger was horrible when I got it; probably 8 or 10 pounds. Now it’s around 3.5 or 4, so it’s not bad, but it’s still the least accurate .22 rifle I have.

I may have just got a fluke bad one; it’s the only one I’ve ever fired. I just assumed they were all like this for two reasons. First, there's the entire industry built strictly on 10-22 barrels, triggers, etc; and secondly because most Ruger centerfire rifles don't have the best reputation for accuracy.

I keep it because with the accessories (factory mags, hi-cap mags, etc) that I’ve got for it, I’d never get near their value back out of it if I sold it; so it just sits in the safe 99+% of the time. If I ever had the need to sell a gun, it would be one of the first to go.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
John in AR, I'm really surprised at this. My first .22 Sem-auto was an iron sighted 10/22. I still have it. It's as accurate as the day I bought it. I bought a second one and scoped it out wity medium priced glass and it will easily group 3/4 inch at fifty yards, even with fairly generic (Remington Golden Bullet) ammunition. The "market" on barrels and other accessories exists not because of some defect in the design, but because the 10/22's are so popular people love tinkering with them. If Ruger field's a .17HRM in this design, I'll buy one.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Sounds like I just got a bad one. Don’t really mind all that much, as it was fairly cheap, would make a decent “emergency” gun for my 9-year-old if need be, and if it weren’t for the Ruger sucking so bad, I might never have discovered the CZ .22 rifles, which are just tack-driving little mofo’s. :)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Many Ruger 10/22s will group better than 1" at 50 yds. if it is the right individual gun or, the right shooter or, if it has been customonized, or scoped properly. Yet for an out of the box 22 rifle, I think it is pretty accurate, especuially for field work like squirrel hunting but then, I do not shoot off squirrels noses! Of course if you want an accurate 22 for hunting, stick to a bolt action but even then, as noted by Andy, you need to find the rifle's favorite ammo. Before you hunt with any .22 firearm you should always remember to fire a fouling shot or two, as most 22s seem to shoot better once the barrel has a small amount of fouling inside of it.

All the best and Merry Christmas and Happy Chanuka,
GB

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
John in AR said:
Sounds like I just got a bad one. Don’t really mind all that much, as it was fairly cheap, would make a decent “emergency” gun for my 9-year-old if need be, and if it weren’t for the Ruger sucking so bad, I might never have discovered the CZ .22 rifles, which are just tack-driving little mofo’s. :)
John:
Look at this website, http://www.ct-precision.com/ . If your 10/22 is not shooting acceptably for you, you may want to send it here. You may want to get rid of the barrel band stock if you have the standard Ruger 10/22. Or you can also ream the barrel portion, of the barrel band, so it doesn't contact the barrel.

I had a real lousy shooting 10/22, and sent it there. Now it shoots within .62, or less, at 50 yards with anything I put through it.

What is probably wrong, is the chamber isn't aligned properly with the bore, and your head space may be more the the proper .042 (measure 22LR rim thicknesses) needed for a 22 rifle.

CPC shortens the barrel .100 at the chamber end, and rechambers it, with their reamer. They face off the Ruger bolt and set the head spade at .042.

I think you may like how your 10/22 performs afterward.

Incidentially I have eight 10/22s and they have all been to CPC. If you want more information on the Ruger 10/22 rifle, http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/ is a good forum to peruse.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
coyote, stillwater, thank you for your views!

that being stated.

the WHINE of the engine SCREAMED! before it threw a rod ,and left the poor asshole, afoot! :roflmao1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts