Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unless your gun is a revolver. A good, ccw reload is 1.5 seconds. it'll take you 1.5 seconds to MAKE yourself drop a gun. I've seen guys TRY, at bowling pin matches, and even with a sleeping bag ready to catch the gun, and the shooter INTENDING to drop the revolver, when the time came, they ALWAYS hesitated to actually do it, and many "dipped" their gun and hand up and down, as they TRIED to overcome their reluctance to drop their pistol. :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Are you going to accept Hard Rock's challenge? What have you got to lose?

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
I don't know about that, remember;

Shot Placement

I shot a handgun match this weekend and during one of the stages I was shown the results of good shot placement. The match organizer had his steel match organized as either a Cowboy Action match or a Speed match, I went Cowboy action. During one stage you had to engage 8 steel reactive targets, fastest time won. Starting with both my Vaqueros loaded and hands in the classic surrender position, I cleaned the stage in 11 seconds and change. What amazed me was that a close friend who years ago was on the Saskatchewan IPSC Gold Team who was shooting a Gov't Model in .45 w/ optical sights using 155 grain bullets took 20 plus seconds. He shot low and some targets took up to 4 hits to go down. Shot placement counts more than the type of firearm that your using.

By the way, stop being such a friggin coward and accept the challenge. Geez as usual someone else wants to pay your freight!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts