Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only an idiot is going to be out of reach of his fighting rifle, so the pistol BETTER have a VERY low incidence of use, and very few rds better be necessary per occasion. If they are, you wont make it, except by luck. in ww2 and Korea, you were against BOLT actions. Today, you are facing autorifles, millions of them in the hands of guy who are a LOT more dangerous than ignorant rice farmers and ********.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
That's making a LOT of assumptions of the unknown and it kind of contradicts what guys are finding out in modern combat situations.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I subscribe to the what's more likely to cause me death mindset:

Having ammo I don't need?

or

Needing ammo I don't have?

Now, Andy is correct, that there is a point where the amount of ammo is just silly to carry, but we certainly disagree at what point you are carrying too much.

I also don't agree with the assumptions he's made in his post, but as in all things, your mileage may vary.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I can see using ammo for barter. I can see stashing ammo incase later I DO need it. What I can't see totaly ignoring ammo needs and just carrying a few rounds. Since a Glock 17 holds 20 shots with a Plus2 extension there is no need to limit oneself to a pos cutup star trash pistol. A glock and a few plus2 mags would do for immediate needs. I would still plan on extra ammo stashed for sale or use.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
I can't see having ammo for barter. Any ammo bartered, could be used against me or my loved ones. Only erika/gunkid with her/his muddy crystal ball knows whats going to happen if the balloon ever goes up. Since I don't have a muddy crystal ball, I believe that it is better to have and not need, than need and not have! Only an idiot will short change himself. Live the reality, NOT the fantasy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts