Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so WHY settle for 1/4 or 1/2 as much power? The Kahr has 1/2again or twice again the power of a .38 snub, depending upon the load, and is more controlable and a lot "flatter" in your pocket, 40% more ammo in it, too. The Kahrs DO need their slide corners severely rounded, tho. Sharp square corners are a mistake on ANY carry pistol, and even more so on a pocket pistol.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Dad has a Kahr K40 Covert and I hate it. The grip is so short that my little finger sticks off the bottom. Much prefer my Colt Officers model in 45acp, thank you.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
no NEED of smaller, lighter than PM9 9mm, so WHY...

...do you recommend the 21A and HP22 so often? Same reason I liked the 21A (and still do), and same reason I like the P32. It's smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, it's cause they are TWENTY TWOS, and readilly silenced. the .32 is not. sheesh. I dont recommend them because they are small, for the pocket. I recommend them because their ammo is cheap and universally available. not because they fit the pocket any BETTER than the Kahr, and certainly not because I think it's BETTER to have to aim at the brain, rather than hit the chest (with a 600 ft lb prefrag 356). The only thing about size with such guns is that a CANNED M21 can still be ccwed IWB, and swiftly drawn. They are also capable of being carried cocked and locked, a BIG help when you have to hit the brain. You are KIDDING yourself about the .32 's being worth a crap with a chest hit, and you are WILDLY optomistic about your ability to hit the BRAIN, with 200 rds of practice a year.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Raider said:
Dad has a Kahr K40 Covert and I hate it. The grip is so short that my little finger sticks off the bottom. Much prefer my Colt Officers model in 45acp, thank you.

RIKA
You'd probably like the K-9 or K-40 with the slightly (.5" I think) longer grip frame. My little finger doesn't get a good purchase on them, but you're would probably be fine. Stay away from the polymer ones as their frame rails will warp in rapid fire.

But then again, you already have a real gun. . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts