Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shtf, it's an autorifle, it's canned, and that's the best you could do. Either you need an AR with a .22 unit, or a pistol will suffice, cause it's just for sport. So why lug around a very visible, 4-6 lb .22 rifle, instead of a ccw'd 18 oz smith 2213 .22 autopistol? 6" long, 2" groups at 25m. Since everybody here claims to be able to get within 10m any small critter or bird, any time, what's the need of a rifle, hmm?

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
I prefer the Ruger Mk II myself. Sixty yd shots at small game are not difficult, and I haven't degraded my defensive ability of my rifle with the chance of it being a rimfire if hostile action takes place. A "can" is a crutch for those that are not capable of matstering a firearm without one. Suppressors are a nice to have item, but not mandatory.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
andy said:
shtf, it's an autorifle, it's canned, and that's the best you could do. Either you need an AR with a .22 unit, or a pistol will suffice, cause it's just for sport. So why lug around a very visible, 4-6 lb .22 rifle, instead of a ccw'd 18 oz smith 2213 .22 autopistol? 6" long, 2" groups at 25m. Since everybody here claims to be able to get within 10m any small critter or bird, any time, what's the need of a rifle, hmm?
I've never claimed to be able to get within 10meters of anything, except maybe a retarded snail.

I like shooting my .22's, and it usually is the CAR with the ciener unit; but that may change if I ever get my friggin suppressed Mark 2 back... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sent in the paperwork in May; no word yet. :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
rifles are more accurate, much more classic, and an old canadian .22 cooey has a feel like nothing else as far as im concerned. It almost feels as good as your first BB gun, every time you pick it up. besides, defence just isnt a concern for me.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
A propertly tuned 10/22 is utterly reliable and surgically precise. With a Butler Creek barrel and stock they are also featherweight. One with a good scope and in a scabbard in your pack or in your vehicle can keep you fed almost indefinitely if you have the skill to use it.

But, that's just one model of .22 rifle and there are many. Skill and gear are independent quantities. A man with enough skill could make anything work and he needs no crutches, such as the utter reliance upon a homemade suppressor which has degenerated into a fetish (and at least one prison sentence).

No matter how many excuses that you come up with, there is no substitude at all for skill.

So, you like one model of gun.. BFD. Regardless of the fact that the gun you chose is sh^t for the purposes you intend it to be for, and it is, you should be very flexible on your armament. The question you should ask yourself is, "If I have THIS particular piece of gear, how can I make it work and how do I adjust my plan and tactics to use it?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts