Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the rifle, and then only on 12"x24" torsos, for no more than 2 shots per engagement ,if standing, maybe 3 such torsos, from bipod. To hit 10" circle, (head on prone men) at 200m, best be in bipod, or you can't do it fast enough. 10" at 200m is just as hard to hit as is the 12"x24" torso at 300m. Bobbing heads, no more than 1.5 seconds per exposure, are very difficult to hit, at 50m from standing unsupported, or from bipod at 100m. Such are the sorts of targets you should be working on, if you are not going to work on having MOVING targets. The great majority of swift rifle work can be done with the .22lr conversion unit, on 10" gongs to 70m Keep it realistic, and you don't have to spend a lot of time or money at the range. Dryfire gunhandling and wax shooting, in basement or garage, can easily cover half of what you need to work at with the pistol, and at least 1/4 of what you need to work at with the rifle. Air soft and "force on force' is helpful, too. 10% or more of your training should be done in this manner.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. It might work out in your geographical location but we don't all live in the enviornment that you do. Why would I by a toy gun or have to dig wax out of my firearms when I'm a 13-14 minute drive from the range?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts