Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
prep,realistically. All that other crap just pins you to one spot, making you WORSE off. You get STUPID, start 'thinking' that there will be HELP, rules, etc, and that's a bunch of bs, quite readily demonstrable.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Name one time in recorded history JD, a nation fragmented and folks all went off as individuals and hunted each other for food JD, name just one.

You can't, your survival theories are just the plots of third rate novels.

Teuf,

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
You know our preparations in complete detail? WOW, thats some crystal ball!

So tell me about them, IN DETAIL .....................

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
He secretly yearns for a prison guard to put his life in order and tell him what to do.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Melvin, did you ever watch the TV show on the Discovery Channel called "Doomsday Preppers"? Some participants spent 10's of thousands of dollars prepping in some cases.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hell's bells he's too lazy, old and lame to knock out a Trappers Cabin?
Sigh, makes me wish I'd of kept that little cast iron stove I had that was brand stinking new condition.☹

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
prep,realistically. All that other crap just pins you to one spot, making you WORSE off. You get STUPID, start 'thinking' that there will be HELP, rules, etc, and that's a bunch of bs, quite readily demonstrable.
but you constantly post about needing to conceal your rifle in towns, etc. by definition this means that there will be help, will be advantages to being in one spot, etc.

you need to maybe spend some time and describe the scenarios that you envision so that people can follow your seemingly disjointed thoughts…

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
We are back to the fantasy world thinking, where everyone is incapable of planning for emergencies. Where people are incapable of purchasing a second residence, caching food, firearms, ammunition, etc for extended periods.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
but you constantly post about needing to conceal your rifle in towns, etc. by definition this means that there will be help, will be advantages to being in one spot, etc.

you need to maybe spend some time and describe the scenarios that you envision so that people can follow your seemingly disjointed thoughts…
Oh man I'm imagining a blend of Mars Attacks & The Survivors mixed together by the producers of MADDTV.
If that makes no sense whatsoever then I've made my point.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Being gimped up temporarily as I have been, I actually re-watched “Mars attacks“ a few weeks ago. I forgot how funny a movie that really was.

{edit- I didn’t jump in this thread initially, but the first thing I thought of when I read the title was simply that almost everyone in that kind of situation gets past the backpack lone-wolf stage, or they die. First example that comes to mind was the group portrayed in the movie “defiance“ with Liev Schreiber and Daniel Craig.}

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Being gimped up temporarily as I have been, I actually re-watched “Mars attacks“ a few weeks ago. I forgot how funny a movie that really was.

{edit- I didn’t jump in this thread initially, but the first thing I thought of when I read the title was simply that almost everyone in that kind of situation gets past the backpack lone-wolf stage, or they die. First example that comes to mind was the group portrayed in the movie “defiance“ with Liev Schreiber and Daniel Craig.}
John,I'm not sure if they spent anytime in a Soviet Gulag but I had family go through a literal Red Dawn experience in Poland in 1939.
They managed to get to the Middle East and link up with the British military there.
I wish I had been old enough to learn more about what they went through.
But, they didn't survive by loan wolf gaming it like someone else dreams about.🙄

1 - 11 of 11 Posts