Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I see you cannot answer the real nuts and bolts financial questions and now you're walking away in a huff.

The misguiding generalities of your basic, low level college 'economics' courses only carry you just so far, huh?

Jealous because you're attending college night classes? :D

I've already been to there and graduated, long ago. College is just the beginning guy. All it'll ever do is maybe open a door.

About 99.99% of your learning comes after college.... unless you go to work for the government and then it's best if you just let your mind atrophe so you can fit in better and get those promotions.

You take some remedial, low level college course and think you're 'educated' about money matters? You'd better get some more moxy than that if you ever want to actually play outside.

BTW, don't forget, have a happy Armageddon.
:cool: :D

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Hey mike, that comment about working for the gov't was uncalled for! When your in research & development, life is not like that. Well maybe in your country, up here we have to be inovative. In my country we have 30 people assigned to a project where you would probably have 1000 in your country.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Teuf, you have a Phd in running a ranch. IMHO, that's worth a lot now and probably even more into the future than any piece of paper with ink on it from a politically correct American university.

Take the Amish for example. Your average Amish only goes to school till the 8th grade, but those Amish kids have a better fundamental education at the 8th grade than most beginning college freshmen coming from a 'modern' high school in a 'progressive' State like California.

I seldom if ever mention formal education unless someone tries to wave something like that in my face first. IMHO, most of the way 'college' is currently done a sham and a scam. I know, I've spent a ridiculous amount of time there. Unless you need the paper for your career, save yourself the truckload of cash, read a bunch of good books, and see the world.

Garand, military, weapons R&D, stuff like that is what the government is for. Retired military working on weapons R&D is what we need in government. Unfortunately, most people in government do not fall under that category.

The Canadian government has to be more prudent with it's resources because they are not dripping with cash like the bloated US government is.

The US civilian government is hopelessly bloated and is 50x larger than it needs to be. The idiots can't even live on the +1 Trillion they bring in a year.

The US government also tends to attract the worst our society has to offer. If a person is a slug with a minimal IQ, but politically correct, then they have a civilain job waiting in the US Government.

If it wasn't for their government jobs, most of those idiots would either be flipping burgers or stealing hubcaps.

Did you know that they give as many brownie points for hiring to someone just because they are Black as they do for a disabled veteran? I've personally watched government drones waste untold amounts of money, yet FedGov enforcers will wreck businesses, throw people in jail, and toss families out onto the street over a discrepancy in taxes.

The US FedGov has become totally distant and isolated from the people that created it. It's become quite the monster. The 9-11 incident has set in motion the final unleashing of that monster with a massive increase in the potential powers they can inflict upon you, with a massive increase in both the bureaucracy and the security apparatus.

The US Government can do anything it wants to you, any time it wants, and they can do it over any pretext they feel like inventing that day.

ANY government that can do that, eventually will.

The Federal government is supposed to protect the borders, guarantee our freedoms enshrined in the Constitution and keep local government from infringing upon them, protect our national sovereignty, and provide for a national defense.

Instead, they refuse to guard the southern border, they restrict our freedoms at every occasion, tax us to death, and have our 'national defense' scattered across the globe. They are also doing everything possible to surrender our national sovereignty to ever increasing globalism.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The USA actually has become another Bosnia in a very short time. All it will take is just a spark, like an economic collapse.

Multiculturalism, was not 'born out of boredom', but has been a fully intentional campaign, who's well documented and openly stated goals is the destruction of American national sovereignty and national cohesiveness by the monied global power brokers. A unified, nationalistic America is the prime obstacle in the path of implementing a world government.
And unfortunately I see this starting to really manifest itself today in both Antifa and BLM.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I watch a bit of U Tube each week and over the last year I watch a Podcast called "Seattle Real Estate Podcast" an the gentleman who runs it covers the havoc and difficulties in both Portland and Seattle. Honestly, I find it amazing how left wing politicians have surrendered to anarchists'.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
And in the People's Idiotic Republic of Kalifornia, IiRC San Fransisco is not enforcing shoplifting laws 🙄! Just wait until every single store closes.😂
Libtardian dumbassery at it's finest.🤭

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
amazing isn't it, no being crime until its $950.00 theft!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
NOBODY has seen shtf, nor anything CLOSE to it, actually.
This is obviously an old thread, but I'd never seen it before it percolated up today. You seriously believe that "NOBODY has seen shtf nor anything close to it"...? There are tens of millions of people that absolutely have; probably hundreds of millions. There was a multi-year, multi-nation shtf called "World War 2" that my dad was personally involved in, and there's nothing special about him or me.

Or do you really claim that nobody in WW2, WW1, early-1900's Russia, Cambodia under Pol Pot, Romania under Vlad the Impaler, or anyone/anywhere/anytime have ever experienced what could be called a legitimate "SHTF" situation...?

Seriously?

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
This is obviously an old thread, but I'd never seen it before it percolated up today. You seriously believe that "NOBODY has seen shtf nor anything close to it"...? There are tens of millions of people that absolutely have; probably hundreds of millions. There was a multi-year, multi-nation shtf called "World War 2" that my dad was personally involved in, and there's nothing special about him or me.

Or do you really claim that nobody in WW2, WW1, early-1900's Russia, Cambodia under Pol Pot, Romania under Vlad the Impaler, or anyone/anywhere/anytime have ever experienced what could be called a legitimate "SHTF" situation...?

Seriously?
It didn't follow his rules of combat, so it doesn't count.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yeah in another thread I mention I had family in europe that literally went through two "Red Dawn" shtf situations in Poland 20 years apart.
1919 and then 1939. The later a double whammy from Hitler and Stalin.
So yeah tell me about it.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
A number of years ago I picked up a book that listed 50 different possibilities of catastrophic events. Some were easy to relate to, some were just silly in my opinion. Still it was still worth reading as it gave you a perspective on 5 or 6 events that fit your current scenario and allow you to be flexible in your planning. The problem with some people is that they fixate on one specific scenario until it becomes a fantasy. This leaves no room for flexibility, which in a time of catastrophe could lead to an early death.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts