Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6-8 fast shots, or many not so fast, without burning your hand. Such a setup is a lot easier to conceal than is the handguard. Removable carrying handle is a big help to concrealment, asis a 10" barrel. Subsonic .22lr's and the .22 conversion unit let you quietly test your sight zero, can-straightness, etc, after you get into position for the shot, assemble the rifle,etc.

Shorten the safety plunger and its spring a bit, makes room to tap the plunger spring hole in the lower, so you dont lose any parts when you remove the pistol grip. Ditto the plunger spring hole for the rear takedown pin. U can either carry the special spanner wrench for the CAR buttstock removal and reassembly, or just use the Ratcheting pliers of the SOG Multitool.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quite likely that you will have to first hit 1-2 bodyguards, before you get a clear try at the pos that you came to kill, and by then, the "principle" will be moving, possibly requiring several very fast shots to get him before he can get to cover, before his vehicle can leave with him in it, etc. Bolt action just doesn't cut it, for such (highly likely) scenarios. "High-value" targets are RARELY seen in the toolies. Killing thousands, even millions of grunts usually accomplishes NOTHING. However, shooting a very few of the RIGHT people can accomplish quite a bit. However, concealment of the rifle is necessary to get into where the real pos's live and move. Then concealment of the rifle is necessary AGAIN, just to make it to a sewer manhole, and escape. It's either that, or abandon the canned rifle. The latter is of course an option in 'normal times", but not post shtf.

If Churchill, Stalin, Ike, Patton, FDR, Truman had been shot, first year of WW2, it would likely have changed the course of the war,ya know.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Talking to yourself is a sign of serious mental problens.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
720 Posts
You advance these nuggets as if they are new and fresh instead of very old and "oft-written-of" conventional wisdom. The parts of your posts that are of any value seem to be new only to yourself. I was a squid during my service time but I believe I know more of tactics and strategy, of fire and manuever than your ex-grunt (so-proclaimed, anyway) self. Did you attend and, if so, were you present and participating during AIT?
Satcong

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The handguards not only keep your fingers from being burned but the also protect the all-vital yet relatively fragile gas tube. So, running the AR without the handguards is an A#1 bad idea.

Removing the pistol grip? If it gets down to that point, you need to be using a different weapon.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Have you considered putting this fantasy down in detail? It might make a great sci-fi movie, you know that.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Sniping with a 10" rifle, with no handguards and no pistol grip. . .
:roflmao1:

Oh yeah, and checking your zero with rimfires and a "unit". Well, maybe is you're "sniping" from 20 feet away. . .

:roflmao1::roflmao1::roflmao1::roflmao1:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Quite likely that you will have to first hit 1-2 bodyguards, before you get a clear try at the pos that you came to kill, and by then, the "principle" will be moving, possibly requiring several very fast shots to get him before he can get to cover, before his vehicle can leave with him in it, etc. Bolt action just doesn't cut it, for such (highly likely) scenarios. "High-value" targets are RARELY seen in the toolies. Killing thousands, even millions of grunts usually accomplishes NOTHING. However, shooting a very few of the RIGHT people can accomplish quite a bit. However, concealment of the rifle is necessary to get into where the real pos's live and move. Then concealment of the rifle is necessary AGAIN, just to make it to a sewer manhole, and escape. It's either that, or abandon the canned rifle. The latter is of course an option in 'normal times", but not post shtf.

If Churchill, Stalin, Ike, Patton, FDR, Truman had been shot, first year of WW2, it would likely have changed the course of the war,ya know.
who are we trying to kill? Why are we trying to kill them? You're alone?

You're one messed up dude, who has no concept of reality.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
All I can gather is strip a perfectly good AR-15 down until it's practically useless, the kill three people whose identity is unknown and escape by removing a man hole cover and jumping into a sewer. By doing this you prevent WWII. I think it's brilliant, just 80 years late. Also you mention that .22 unit so often I think it must be some kind of Talisman for you. Is it like a good luck charm? You need to carry it with you on missions even if it has no purpose? Is it a psychological need? You know, like a bankie or your Teddy?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Have you considered putting this fantasy down in detail? It might make a great sci-fi movie, you know that.
I got a good one for the title, how about A-Crock-o'-Shit Now?

Oh yeah haven't seen him talk about the Bondo'ed up pistol grip to perfectly fit his hand in awhile.🙄

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I got a good one for the title, how about A-Crock-o'-Shit Now?

Oh yeah haven't seen him talk about the Bondo'ed up pistol grip to perfectly fit his hand in awhile.🙄
:love::love:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
well, if the manhole leads to a sanitary sewer, he isn't going anywhere. Most sanitary sewer pipes would not fit a human being, they are placed so that you can run a clean out between manholes.

Now, a storm sewer is a different animal, as it has to be able to handle a very large volume of water.

Plus, without proper gear, there is a good chance of him dying from various gases. There's a reason workers put that large ducted fans into the storm sewers when working on them.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Oh lord I almost forget about what my cousin Jack told me him and a few neighborhood boys did in a date. They walked several city blocks through the sewer system in Chicago.
Damn lucky they didn't get killed.

They did that during spring break. He said the home room teacher was speach less when he and all his friends raised their hands when asked what they did over spring break and they said-"Oh we went sewer walking."🤣

1 - 13 of 13 Posts