Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I already dealt with that. It's irrelevant cause nobody's going to carry huge, heavy old revolvers and you wont get the slide to cycle with anything but bullseeye. i told you alll that over 15 years ago.
So use bullseye; no problem. I'm asking your thoughts on the simple approach to the bullet itself.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I already dealt with that. It's irrelevant cause nobody's going to carry huge, heavy old revolvers and you wont get the slide to cycle with anything but bullseeye. i told you alll that over 15 years ago.
weren't you the one posting about how the cap and ball revolver was going to be a thing, now that wifey is getting an FFL?

that is the very definition of old and heavy. Can you make up your mind?

oh well, got to go and head down south for my last round of scouting shortly.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Melvin if your SHTF fantasy actually ever happens, I'm sure that you will find that everybody carries a pistol or revolver if they have one available with ammunition. Until then pay attention to these shows filmed in Alaska from National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Smithsonian Channel and see how many of the people participating carry either a pistol or a revolver.

I'm still waiting for you to prove to me that all your extra effort in building a cartridge that may or may not work, that may or may not shorten the length of serviceability/damage/destroy the firearm is worth it. If you damage or destroy a firearm under a shtf scenario, you can't just run down to the local hardware store or crack dealer and replace it. Melvin think out side of the box.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
weren't you the oe posting about how the cap and ball revolver was going to be a thing, now that wifey is getting an FFL?

that is the very definition of old and heavy. Can you make up your mind?

oh well, got to go and head down south for my last round of scouting shortly.
If I recall Correctly, it's been a number of years now, and I believe that one was in his last Short Hiatus between being a Ward of the Federal Govt, He wanted someone to Convert a Modern, DA Pistol to BP....and just refused to understand that it would STILL be a firearm, because It started out as one.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
the **** it would be. The conversion would just be the one used to make the first mold-maker. Then it would be destroyed. The subsequent ones would not have the spilt frame and can not be modified to take a cartridge. So you're fos. Anyone who 'thinks' that they've thought more deeply than I about any gun or survival subject, you're dreaming cause i've got thousands of hours of thought about all of the ones I care about.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
the **** it would be. The conversion would just be the one used to make the first mold-maker. Then it would be destroyed. The subsequent ones would not have the spilt frame and can not be modified to take a cartridge. So you're fos. Anyone who 'thinks' that they've thought more deeply than I about any gun or survival subject, you're dreaming cause i've got thousands of hours of thought about all of the ones I care about.
This was years ago, where is it? No where, like all your schemes.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Melvin, regarding experience, a boy scout with all his merit badges has more experience than you do!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I have no doubt that's true, and that's not a bad thing.

But by your logic, the "thousands of hours of thought" that I had as a young boy about WW2 and Playboy Bunnies must have made me Audie Murphy and Hugh Hefner all in one, and that's just idiotic.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
still breaking the law.

I haven't thought more about survival than you, I've done more than you, period.

so much of what you think has been proven wrong, even by 12 year olds doing what you claim is impossible.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Your main problem is,while you’ve given a lot of topics a lot of thought, you haven’t actually done anything. You don’t understand the real world issues and kinks. You also don’t understand your own limitations, as evidenced by the stuff you post.

When you make certain posts, what you post gives you away.

You also seem incapable of distinguishing theory from fact, fantasy from reality.

This is what gets you in trouble.

What excuse can we expect from your lack of pictures showing you doing a single survival thing you post?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Dorobuta - have you ever seen the movie Erik the Viking with Tim Robbins & John Cleese? If you have, picture the 'invisibility cloak' scene, where Erik thinks he's invisible and therefore invincible, running around on John Cleese's boat, acting like an asshat.

People don't really react or smack him; they just watch him, marveling at the level of doltishness he's exhibiting. But even though his belief in his invisiblity was completely wrong and would have been obvious to him if he stood still for five seconds, that completely wrong belief in his own invincibility made him brave. There are parallels here.

Reactions: Dorobuta

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Dorobuta - have you ever seen the movie Erik the Viking with Tim Robbins & John Cleese? If you have, picture the 'invisibility cloak' scene, where Erik thinks he's invisible and therefore invincible, running around on John Cleese's boat, acting like an asshat.

People don't really react or smack him; they just watch him, marveling at the level of doltishness he's exhibiting. But even though his belief in his invisiblity was completely wrong and would have been obvious to him if he stood still for five seconds, that completely wrong belief in his own invincibility made him brave. There are parallels here.

You’re right! I now have to go watch it again!

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
I already dealt with that. It's irrelevant cause nobody's going to carry huge, heavy old revolvers and you wont get the slide to cycle with anything but bullseye. i told you all that over 15 years ago.
Well Melvin, it is Wednesday again, I'm going to the range with my wife as usual. Today I think I'll take the S&W M66 loaded with W231, my .44 Mag Ruger Vaquero loaded also with W231 and my .44 Chiappa "Alaska" takedown loaded with 2400. Funny in 34 years of reloading bullseye has never appealed to me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts