Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
andy seems to bring out the worst in us all. He makes some ridiculous claim or flame then argues until constantly proven wrong, then just waltzes away, leaving any poster unsatisfied and dispeptic.
Hell, I've participated and egged-on as bad as anyone, including he. But, here's a great big what if -- What if we just stop responding to him. No post in response, no referring to his lidiocy, no overt or subtle jabs at his behaviour, just sort of freeze him out?
The monster can't grow or survive if we don't feed it, so I am suggesting a boycott of anything that might be considered a responce or attention, upon which, we all know, he thrives. Cut the head off the serpent!
BOYCOTT.
It WILL work, but do we have the fortitude to be able to do without the punch monkey and settle down/strive upwards to fecundity?
SatCong

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Can't go along with that. There have been a lot of posters who freely gave fantastic info countering spurious claims. There's a lot I wouldn't know if I hadn't seen that.

Look at it this way...you're not doing this to educate the uneducateable (at least, I'm not). Any information I share is to help others make an informed decision. The jibes I take are freebies. :D

As long as I'm learning or contributing to another's education, I don't see any value in a boycott.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
We tried a boycott over at PN when GK intentionally hurt another female member (not me) by calling her an extremely vile name. The boycott just didn't work though I wish it had.

RIKA

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So 'yote, if I understand you, we, in effect, depend on andy for give and take that results in useful info. I think we don't need him for a stimulus for such, as most here have better, more current and less obnoxiously presented info.
I am hip to the whole grasshopper, thing, in that we can all learn something from anyone, but I think this guy's lesson has been taught and do not see anything new forth-coming, it is always the same tiresome crap, abusive, misleading and riddled with lies. Frankly, any small tid-bit of useful info is seldom, if ever, worth the dredging one must do to retrieve same.
The fantastic info given by posters is there without the the crap needed to spur them, it just seems like we have acquired the habit of letting the least of us provide the momentum to share such.
Rika, apparently it has worked at PN, he is, after-all, gone from there.
SatCong

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
SatCong said:
Rika, apparently it has worked at PN, he is, after-all, gone from there.
SatCong
SatCong, he left in a snit a couple of months ago basically because Aslan put up a sticky publicly documenting all of his (gunkid's) lies. Although he came back to post occasionally he was never again a regular poster. The mods there just finally decided to get rid of his old crap. Thats the reason the Gunkid Forum is gone.

RIKA

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if Aslan would make that sticky post available to Armslocker? If it worked on the roaches there (PN), perhaps it will work on the roaches here...
SatCong

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
SatCong said:
So 'yote, if I understand you, we, in effect, depend on andy for give and take that results in useful info.
You understand me wrong. I don't think we depend on anyone.

SatCong said:
I think we don't need him for a stimulus for such, as most here have better, more current and less obnoxiously presented info.
I completely agree. Some info has been spurred by other postings, some of which were Andy's. Again, I don't think we "need" anyone in particular.

SatCong said:
I am hip to the whole grasshopper, thing, in that we can all learn something from anyone, but I think this guy's lesson has been taught and do not see anything new forth-coming, it is always the same tiresome crap, abusive, misleading and riddled with lies. Frankly, any small tid-bit of useful info is seldom, if ever, worth the dredging one must do to retrieve same.
I wasn't talking about learning from him. He usually serves best as a good example of a bad example.

SatCong said:
The fantastic info given by posters is there without the the crap needed to spur them, it just seems like we have acquired the habit of letting the least of us provide the momentum to share such.
Oft times, things get posted because they've been dragged to the surface of someone's consciousness simply because of something they've recently read. Rightly or wrongly, I'm not always as proactive as I am reactive when it comes to posting. Also, I do not often jump in with a simple "me, too!" post unless I feel I can somehow add to the conversation, which tends to keep my post count down. Since I feel that there are many others with more significant knowledge or experience regarding certain topics, I just keep my yap shut.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'yote,
We are more alike than not.
Your points are well made, and make points of their own, I am, however, full-up-to-the-brim with the adversarial, truculent, and contemptuous nature of what passes for posting by andy. I no longer wish to acknowledge his need for approval, showing his non-knowledge, and beginning every thread/post with a statement of how low in his esteem is everyone else in the world. I guess the red in my neck (a front loaded condition, given my lineage) is coming to the surface, and I have well and truly lost my sense of humor regarding this reprobate bottom feeder.
SatCong

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
SatCong said:
'yote,
We are more alike than not.
Never figured different! :beer:

SatCong said:
Your points are well made, and make points of their own, I am, however, full-up-to-the-brim with the adversarial, truculent, and contemptuous nature of what passes for posting by andy. I no longer wish to acknowledge his need for approval, showing his non-knowledge, and beginning every thread/post with a statement of how low in his esteem is everyone else in the world. I guess the red in my neck (a front loaded condition, given my lineage) is coming to the surface, and I have well and truly lost my sense of humor regarding this reprobate bottom feeder.
SatCong
I've contemplated putting together a "Gunkid Refutation Page" with ballistics info, backpacking, dietary info, links to sewer expolration sites, etc. The topics he brings up go 'round and round, and do occasionally change slightly. Sometimes new info like "over 50% plants or u'll get SICK!" appear, without explanation. People who know basically nothing about nutrition might well fall for it. It'd certainly save the typing it takes to refute things point by point on every board the goober invades. This isn't just a defensive measure against the Wheelbarrow Pilot, either...there are numerous Cult of Personality gurus in this world who present their pseudoinformation and then slander and obfuscate their way through life...Grossman, Gavin DeBecker, Tom Brown, Marshall and Sanow, SLA Marshall...if you're on a quest for knowledge, you eventually run into them, and knowledge and critical thinking skills are the only real defenses from their crap.

Anyway, I'm just half thinking aloud, and half explaining why I think that well-crafted refutations are of significant value. I fully understand your frustration, though. Anyone who values truth and excellence in performance tends to regard those who knowingly spread bs as a life form considerably lower than whale shit.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I saw 2 post that he replied to on topic, and is actually accurate with the advice. I will be looking for snow in Miami tonight.
Topic is WTF!! and he reverted back to old form after the 2 posts. :laugh01:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
GK is capable of good advice and of being civil. Too bad he doesn't do it all the time. Then he would be treated well in return.

RIKA

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most underacheivers have potential, seldom is it manifested. It just seems like his wheels fall-off half way down the hill.
Satcong

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
About that boycott idea...... how is that any different from simply putting someone on the ignore list? Anyone here can make that conscious decision.

To be honest, I firmly believe that many people actually ENJOY the head to head with gunkid.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Perhaps your correct, Rich, but for me, there is no resolution. Once he is cornered, by his own devices, he abdicates his thread and starts another, usually oblique to any he has, shall we say, "lost" on.
There is no good faith effort to substantiate most of his pompous claims, only berating of anyone who takes another view. Rather than dialoque he personally belittles all comers and has his ire stoked even further by the unwillingness of most to suck-up his tantric episodes.
I try to no longer play, and while not yet completely there, I am improving. I'm just trying to quit feeding his needs, if he does not get what he wants here, he will surely seek it elsewhere or re-define those needs.
SatCong

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I agree, SatCong, and do believe that has been my recommendation all along. No one HAS to reply to anyone else......

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
there's NOBODY here putting out anything LIKE the accuracy of the info I do, much less even 1% of the volume, especially you TICKS. NOBODY counters what I say, worth a crap, because what I say is the FACTS of the situation. the fact that you're IGNORANT about it does't change anything.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy, what you say is what you perceive to be the facts in your extremely limited little mind. All you succeed in most of the time is making a joke out of yourself those times when we don't do it for you.

C'mon old boy, is it a "thunk" or a "boink"?

RIKA :D

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
there's NOBODY here putting out anything LIKE the accuracy of the info I do, much less even 1% of the volume, especially you TICKS. NOBODY counters what I say, worth a crap, because what I say is the FACTS of the situation. the fact that you're IGNORANT about it does't change anything.
Look, your post, in it's entirety is a lie. You have been Shown, not just declared, but shown to be be wrong more often than you have been right. You like to declare things as facts, but you re-write a lot of physics, history, mix facts, mis-apply data, and plain lie to do so.

You have run from any thread that demonstrates this, only to pretend it doesn't exist.

I'm yet to see you respond, to refute any proof, or to admit you were wrong. You simply start a new thread, declare victory and ignore the thread showing you to be wrong.

You may fool yourself, but everyone's already read where you where proved wrong.

All you accomplish with your chest beating, is making yourself look silly.

Try debate instead of insult, admit you were wrong.

You might find people would listen to more of what you have to say, and you sure as hell wouldn't be banned on sight at just about every website on the net.

:devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts