Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Having been a former 11C - close enough to "eleven bang bang" I can tell you it would not matter whether they are handed a 14.5" barrel with collapsible stock, or a 20" barrel, full stock, they'd get the job done with either!

Much too much is made of the specificity of weapons with regard to the end user when in fact, MOST combat infantrymen/women can snatch up whatever is available and go to town dealing death. Other than length and superficial features, anyone who can handle an M-16A1/A2 can easily "transition" to the "M4 Carbine" with zero accommodation...the "experts" opinions notwithstanding.

I currently own a large variety of firearms and I can instantly operate whichever I happen to choose...whether it be of the AR or AK variety...or even a simple bolt action!

MUCH-TO-MUCH is made of all this BS about shooting a billion rounds from a given "cosmetic" platform before one is considered "familier." Total BS promulgated by those who derive their income from such!

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Whom are you asking and why?
This is a firearms forum
not a sociology or criminal psychology one.
I hope you are not here to elicite a negative response.
Which on the surface it seems like you are.

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
How often during the operation did you encounter sexual violence by the military?
are you concerned that’s there’s no sex in the violence?

or that US troops don’t seem to be as rapey as Russian troops are?

if you want a discussion on this topic, I’d suggest creating a thread in off topic. However, I will caution that topics like these can go off the rails quickly. going Off the rails will result in locked threads and / or time outs.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Apparently rape & looting are a standard military practice for the Russians since May 1945 when they entered Berlin. I'm betting that since most Russian soldiers are conscripts, they address the topic for motivational effect, early in training.

Reactions: gripper

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
Apparently rape & looting are a standard military practice for the Russians since May 1945 when they entered Berlin. I'm betting that since most Russian soldiers are conscripts, they address the topic for motivational effect, early in training.
i read a report where supposedly a Russian wife told her husband to rape as many Ukrainian women as possible, as long as he used a condiment.😵‍💫

supposedly he has been captured.

propaganda? Perhaps. But within the realm of possibility.

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Yeah, I expect some sort of field testing coming soon. Sig is supposed to crank out what 10,000 rifles for testing? But, depends on the budgeting and no telling what the defense budget will be that actually gets approved.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looks promising, if the cartridge penetrates Russian and Chinese body armor, so much the better, but based on my experience with various magazines over the years, I'd rather have a metal mag over a plastic one. Just my humble opinion. One the other hand we know that a .30 caliber round out of an M1 Garand will penetrate body armor, cheaper and classier alternative?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts