Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December of 2019 I rejoined the NRA which I hadn't been a member of for well over 20years.
Mainly because of what keeps happening to me every 6 months by US Mail and almost every week by email.
I got a 5 Year Membership 2 years ago. But I keep getting notices that make it sound like my membership will expire soon.
And I'm getting fed up with it.
IMG_20210607_192802837.jpg

Like in the title it sounds very similar to the PCH crap my mother got in the mail up until she passed away.馃槨

I joined mainly to get into the shooting competitions and work up to getting some instructor certifications and the one for Range Safety Officer. Of course that was right before Covid19.馃檮 I'm hanging in there just for those reasons. Otherwise I'd plan on not renewing it when it does actually expire.
I can't see advertising and fundraising tactics like this help get or retain membership. But I guess it works on some people.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And here we go again!
I may just have to go ahead and get a lifetime membership.馃檮
I did notice the payment plan for one when I read through this one.馃馃槕
IMG_20210623_191059740.jpg

Registered
Same here. I pay my dues and two months later I'm getting these notices.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,. It's a bit annoying. I knew from my last go around as a member not to provide my phone number.
I'm hoping when I progress into the training certifications I don't have to provide it.
And if I have to that it'll stay within that division of it

Registered
It is everyone these days, same with an international association I belong too, as well as a couple of magazines that I subscribe to. Discretionary income of most people these days is shrinking and they are less likely to spend money this way.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I really here that now a days.

If it ain't ammo and components cost it's the fuel to the range and back. While I don't like the smaller layout the range that finally reopened is roughly half the distance plus no interstate traffic.
But fuel costs have roughly doubled.馃槨

And food and in a few months so will my health insurance.馃檮

1 - 7 of 7 Posts