Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
personal experience (I owned half of them) exactly ZERO have had any serious problems, and only a couple had any problems at all (1-2 failures to close the bolts,when they were brand new). All of them fired many hundreds of rounds between cleanings. So it's pure bs that the AR aint reliable. You THINK that the winning match shooters, both IPSC combat matches and NRA bullseye types, would settle for rifles that weren't? Yet the AR WINS both types of matches, with monotonous regularity. It always DID win everything inside 300m, starting in the 70's, even with the "minor caliber' scoring handicap that Cooper insisted upon. :)

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Try spending a month in the bush in sub zero semi arctic conditions then prove to me that your AR 15 rifle still works.

Reactions: Clint Boyer

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
\I aint dumb enough to STAY in such a place,a nd even bolt actions can easily have trouble in such,<font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>. You never fired a shot under such conditions, anyway,a nd anyone who did would probably miss 100x as much as the 1000's of rds that they miss in normal temps. The rifle is a joke on the modern battlefield, and has been for over 50 years,man.Wake up and smell the coffee.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Artic military says that once temps go below about +10 degrees,almost no effective fighting is done. All your efforts and desires are tied up in just preventing the cold from killing you. Only idiots choose to stay in such country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts