Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things that Melvin loves to jeer at is people who are in their late 50's, 60's and 70's. He seems to think that age means senility and complete inability to function in most cases. Well, he is wrong - just like in most things. To use my Dad as an example, he is 58 years old. He has back problems and takes high blood pressure pills but his mind is bright and can sometimes figure out problems faster than I can. His motto is If you can't out-run 'em - outfox 'em. Life's experiences count heavily in the scenario of survival and are available for free to anybody who will take time to listen. The ability to visualize and think things out comes with experience. I count myself lucky to have older friends (anybody over 40 is older, doncha know :D - just kidding) and listen to their advice through my reasonability filter.

Okay, what I'm trying to say is that a person can learn something from everyone. I wouldn't discard a person because of age any more than sex or nationality. And never a friend. Maybe I'm not expressing myself well.

One thing is true "Old age and treachery beats youth and skills every time". Well, not every time but enough to keep it interesting. An invaluable asset to anyone with a heart and the ability to think.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Hell, my dad is 69 and is still a heavy equipment mechanic.

"Age and treachery overcomes youth and skill" is true to the point, the ones to really worry about are the ones with youth, skill AND treachery.

Unfortunately for GoonKid, he has no youth, no skill, and his treachery is of the base sort, not that of a keen mind. He can't think his way out of anything, he just stabs people who befriend him in the back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts