Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'm not sure what we're talking about (I'm a <font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font><font color=red>*</font>). Aside from instant death from a hit to a vital body part or death from bleedout there was always slow painful death from infection. The guns did their jobs though totally different from what we know today. It was as effective as the time period would allow. A musket or civil war cap and ball revolver is as effective as it was way back then if it allows a person to get a superior weapon. Besides, the rifled barrel flintlock or cap rifle is still used for hunting. Some may even use smooth bores for short range.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
"I'm not talking wound channels.....I'm talking about passing through without picking up debris. A musket ball, on the other hand, picks up pieces of flesh and uniform as it passes through the body. If it enters another person coming out, all of that debris is then deposited into the wound channel of man #2. The same would happend to #3 or more. Chances of infection was much, much higher."

As late as 1943 the Germans still didn't have an effective way to treat infection. When Reinhard Heydrich was assassinated, the bomb fragments passed through a horsehair filled seat and into his body. The German surgeons were able to remove most of the metal but not the foreign material carried with it so Heydrich still died a horrible death from infection.

RIKA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.