Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
if $ are that limited, better stick to a used $100 Phoenix HP22, testfire before buying, extensively. Be ready to do a bit of fluff and buff smithing on it. it took me 4 hours to make a hardened steel thumb safety for mine, in 2006, The rear sight and slide safety had to be loctited in place, I shortened a 5" barrel to 3.8" and silenced it. Not a bad little gun. The 5" barrel was very accurate, surprisingly. the way that the barrel mounts into the frame is ingenious and very solid.

If you "cant afford" a decent gun, say $350 for a Star BM, no way you can shoot enough ammo to be any good with any centerfire, so you might as well be using a .22. While .22 ammo is 10-12c per rd, it's "findable" again, online and that's half the price of 9mm ammo.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I had good results with the HP 22 years back. Good value for money.
I shoot well with a lot of Combloc handguns. Some,I run bone stock....others, may or may not benefit from Wolff Gunsprings- others( like the CZ52) got a Harrington Products milled firing pin with a return spring. Again, YMMV.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
I shot the Tok in 7.62x25mm earlier this year, for the first time. They are exceptionally cheap up here, about $199.00. I guess if you are on an exceptionally small budget this is better than nothing. Not my first choice though.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I do like the Tokarev. Personally, despite my love of the milsurp ones; here in the States you're better off with the Zastava M57/M70 current commercial production ones- they have a factory installed slide mounted safety vs the ATF mandated afterthought ( Frame mounted) that often compromises function ... The 7.62x25 has long been a favorite of mine for several reasons... Hope springs eternal, that a " modern service/target gun"( You listening, CZ/Glock/ Sig/FNH??!).

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I always thought at least EAA would make a Witness model in it.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm told that there IS a CZ( possibly a similar concept to the CZ97) that has never been imported......I also wonder if a Glock 20 or SIG 10 mm could be adapted.....

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yeah I always wondered about the 97 frame too. Hmmm let me ask on another forum where the owner has some connections in the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'm told that there IS a CZ( possibly a similar concept to the CZ97) that has never been imported......I also wonder if a Glock 20 or SIG 10 mm could be adapted.....
Apparently Norinco made a clone of the Sig and Canadians import it: youtube .com/watch?v=CF8j1HNqwMQ (spacing added because for some reason the post didn't format properly after the video link).

The 7.62x25 has a tenth of an inch longer average COAL than the 10mm Auto's SAAMI max, so there may be issues there and with magazines.

The new official 10mm P220 is also priced quite high for what it is.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Now that could be what the rumor is about maybe?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts