Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thats cool! I think I'll buy it just for shooting at snakes while I'm fishing.................NOT!

I'd be afraid to carry that, It might tempt somebody

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that is one uuuugggggllllllyyyy. P.O.S. .:cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I kinda remember them words........then I had to wear green for years!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't that just unbelievable, Neo? First, that someone would even DO something like that to a gun? Let alone then advertize it for SALE - and for $2,500????

OH my GOSH!!!!!!

That sort of thing brings out the humanitarian in me. It's like seein' a sad-eyed puppy at the pound, and you want to rescue it because you know it's about to be put down. I'd do that in this case - I'd try to rescue and restor the gun, for even as much as $200. But, at $2,500, this one'll just have to go on and get euthanized.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
You know what guys.

Maybe it's just me.

But reading and looking at some of that hack job work and all.

You think this guy was a student of the JMD Internet School of Gun Butchering?:punch:

Plus remember what Melvin claimed he could get for one of his Uber Custom BM's? Was it not over a grand?

OKAY....Did someone do this as a joke? Just look at the background for the pics.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, we'll be able to check credentials pretty soon - he gets out in October, I think.

P.S. Hmmm. I just checked it, and it's October 2010, not 2008. Thought it was '08. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I just woder if this is some yutz that followed Johnny Boy's full advice on how to make a light weight carry piece and went a few steps further.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know. But what I'm wondering about is the midset of the builder! How can ANYONE take a bandsaw and who knows what chopping implements, carve up a gun like that, leave every single "modification" with rough, uneven edges and gouges, and have an idea that he could sell it as a "customized" pistol for $2,500? It just defies understanding.

At least as far as I can remember, that is the worst butcher job of a pistol I have ever seen from a pro or an amateur. And I'm not even talking about the mods themselves, but just the quality of the work!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yep, I saw all the file marks and uneven areas as well.:crazy1:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HEY, YEA! LOL! The guy who built the pistol would buy that rifle, thinking that he could watch DVDs on it while he waited for his turn to shoot at the range!

Yer killin' me. ROF!

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Personally, I'm holding out for one with an attached boom box and in CHROME...... :rofl:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol! I think you're right, R! That gun sho' nuf LOOKS like it was carved on with prison-shop tools!

Good to catch up with ya - long time, no type!

Best to ya!
Jon

·
Registered
584 Posts
What's that handle thing sticking out of the grip?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The Army was toying with a personal weapon system that employed a rifle similar to that one. Their idea was that ops controlers could literally get a "gunsight" view of the fight. The screen allowed a soldier to poke their gun around a corner and fire semi accurately without exposing themselves to return fire.

The Army system also included remote monitoring of troops' vitals, hyper accurate gps location plotting, enhanced, hands free comms, and (I think) a heads up display in their helmets showing gunsight view of their weapon, target aquisition of other sources, drone surveillance video, and even video, audio, and text input from their control.

I guess the next generation of experiments will seek to implant all that tech so we can field the T-101 model of Terminator. I just hope they won't all have that accent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts